What's new

Help! George T. Stagg Fall 2006

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
If anyone knows where they can pick up some of this for a reasonable price please chime in. It's a seasonal release from Buffalo Trace Distilleries. The last release was Fall 2006 and I had a taste of it this past weekend. I'm now ruined, I MUST have some. I'd be willing to grab up to 3 bottles (1 case) if the pricing is in line (45-60). I'm still searching localy but I'm having no luck so far so I figured I'd ask for some help. Please let me know if you know of any gathering dust...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
apparently it is not sold anywhere in the south.. according to their website..
Incorrect. There are places around here who had it.

Fredster, that is exactly the stuff I'm looking for. My only concern is how someone's going to get it to me, lol.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Thanks Jason, now I want some.....:sadpace:
LMAO. I hear ya. Man, it's amazing, it really is. "Backordered until September," that cracks me up. That's when the next release will come out! :laugh:

I'd get yourself on a backorder list, where I you brother.

Clay, I hear ya bro', I read that too. It's just not true. Probably one of those, we don't update our web site enough-type things. I emailed Buffalo Trace about it and got a quick response giving me the contact info for the local distributor. THe liquor shop a couple of doors down has already tried to get me some and she got the same "backordered until September" bs. I only hope the next batch is close to what they released last year. Damn but that was good shit. I still want to find some of the Fall 2006 release but even if I do I'll probably have to pay an arm and a leg for it and I don't know that I'll be able to bring myself to do that knowing it's a $45-$60 bottle. Friggin Ebay's got it going for upwards (and above I'm sure) $100 already. BS.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'll tell you what Clay, this stuff will put hair on your...hell, everywhere!

141 Proof this past year! Definately a sipping whisky but amazingly smooth and sweet (dark sweet, molasses) for something with such a high alcohol content.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you find it anywhere cheaper than collector's price this time of year I'll take a case! Stagg is damn fine but near impossible to find just sitting on a shelf. Usually shortly after the shipments come in they are gone. Most bottles are spoken for months in advance (hence the backorder). Congrats on getting a taste of one the best American whiskeys made. However; I apologize that you are now addicted. You can join me in the frantic search that ensues each fall. :)

If things don't work out I might be willing to kick one of my reserved bottles your way once the fall rolls around.

Being in Tn really puts me behind the 8ball since we can't order liquor online. :(

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
damn fine bourbon! got a case from binny's in chicago, shipped to CA. got the tip from this very board (an eagle rare thread, i believe)! i've looked for more, but it's $$$. and, i can't find any prior years....

good luck!

jeff