What's new

Hemmingway Signature Maduro

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This and the Cassic maddie are two of my all time favs. This particular stick is from the '06 Holiday release.
Pre light draw was spicy with raisin (very nice).
First 1/3rd produced cocoa and pepper with raisin undertones. Plenty of thick white smoke.
2nd 1/3rd, there was not alot of change, but not really wanting it to either. Still spicy with cocoa and rich maduro favor, but raisin getting a bit more subtle.
Beginning the final 1/3rd, cigar was still spicy, but butter mixing with raisin making the finish very tasty indeed.
The last 3/4 inch the pepper came strong on the nose and also getting a tad acrid. However, I think this mainly due to it's youth.
Overall a very nice smoke, but definately square around edges; no amonia, not overly smooth either. The 10 or 12 I have left will be taking a nap and I'm betting will be wonderful in a few years.
One note, the Hemmingway maduros from this year's Holiday release are much better than last IMO so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they age. :thumbsup:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
thanks for the review. i've had one,,,it was from this years release. thought it to be pretty harsh for the first 1/2 or so.... i have a few more that i won't touch for a while. raisins,,, that was the elusive flavor i couldn't figure out!

thanks again,

jeff

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I love Hemi Maddies...got several stashed away in the humi taking a long nap.

And yeah, they're quite raisney (is that a word?) but that's not terribly uncommon. I pick that flavor up in a lof of cigars, especially in CCs...just not in very many NCs.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have a couple of the maddies in the humi, and I've got 4 more on the way from Rob, along with that Hemi Sun Grown.

Jason already told me I'm not allowed to smoke it unless I'm around him, but I'm afraid he'll just steal it.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I've got a box of classics headed in. I had 3 in the humi, but I'm about to finish them off. They had a little mold on the inside of the cello so I've got to :get rid of 'em" quickly. I've got 5 Sigs and a Untold Story Madie if I remember right.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a box of classics headed in. I had 3 in the humi, but I'm about to finish them off. They had a little mold on the inside of the cello so I've got to :get rid of 'em" quickly. I've got 5 Sigs and a Untold Story Madie if I remember right.

I'll remember not to trade with you.

;)

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
oh, don't worry, I have them segragated in a small humi, nothing is with em.

I saw a little white spot on one of em and immediately took them all out of the big coolidor. I'm keeping a close watch on everything that came with them.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Chris, make sure you visit the introductions thread and introduce yourself to everyone.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've got a couple of those bigassed 'Untold Story' Hemi Maddies as well. I've yet to smoke one, but I can't imagine they're goping to be appreciably different than the signature or classic Maddies. That, of course, will be a damn shame if true--because I paid through the nose for those Until Stories! :crytears:

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ya, I bought one of em from Arlington Cigar for something like $13 or $14. That's only $4 more than Tobacco Roads has the Sigs at.