What's new

Hemmingway Signature Maduro

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
That's my point...they run $4 or $5 more than the signature size, but can there really be THAT much of a difference? I mean, that's like 40% higher!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I think alot of it is the fact that it's just bigger and rarer. Do you really think the Masterpiece is a better cigar. Jason and Tim keep telling me that the smaller cigars in the Hemingway line are much better than the bigger ones, but I haven't made my way down to the Short Story yet.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
but I haven't made my way down to the Short Story yet.[/QUOTE]

short story is my fav! maybe in the entire AF line! and it's not a quick smoke like some believe! it'll last a spell!!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I agree, I friggin LOVE the Short Story. It's a fantastic smoke....I almost always have some in the humi.

Shoot, my WIFE smoked a Humi Short Story tonight!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I agree, I friggin LOVE the Short Story. It's a fantastic smoke....I almost always have some in the humi.

Shoot, my WIFE smoked a Humi Short Story tonight!
most excellent!! i always seem to have them on hand as well. i pay my pool man with short storys (a good friend who will not accept my money,,, he will accept a box of short story's!).

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've tried one of the UTS's and I would have to say yes there is a difference. Maybe not as big a difference as the price suggests, but rarity I think is what you're paying for there. Now the Masterpeice is also different. I recently smoked and took some notes on one with about a year of age. Milder, but a little more complex. However, if you smoke one of those, you better have some extra time. I think 2 hrs +.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey Altercall, I have had some issues with some Anejo sarks and mold this year and in the past, but never with the Hemmingways. I hate to hear that. I have a question on mold, but I'll go post that in the storage wing.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hemis are definately an awesome smoke. ive kinda moved away from longer cigars now so Short Storys are in the humi now. but the classics and sigs are a good smoke.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
too bad short story doesn't come in a maduro. the WOAM is my fav (not saying much since i've only had one sig maddie before), but that one will last over an hour!

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got one of these sitting in my humi, doing it's own little thing (a 2006 release) I keep taking it out and 'inspecting' it.

After reading this, I'm not sure how much longer I'll have it. :scratchhe

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I hit the jackpot today with the Hemmingway Classic maduros. Walked into a shop and they had 8 left in a box for $7.50/. Needless to say, I snatched em up.