What's new

Henry's Cigar Tool

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I recently opened a box of cigars and found that every one that I tried to smoke seemed plugged. I notified the vendor and although he was sympathetic and offered me some credit toward my next purchase, we agree that he can not control the quality control or production of a product such as handmade cigars....

Anyhow, here I am with a box of what are reportedly very excellent cigars from several years ago, but they're all plugged....bummer!

Then I ran across these! Seemed reasonable, so I ordered a set (cherry of course, to match my new humi).

Well last night I got an opportunity to sit on the porch for a couple of hours and chose one of my "problem sticks". I was amazed at how well the Cigar tool worked! Couple of pokes through the plug with the short one and I was smoking up a storm!

I've only tried bamboo skewers and the like before and more often then not, have tossed a plugged stick. But I was impressed enough with this tool to want to post.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I'd tried that too, but the plug was located at the band and that year wasn't the best as far as QC was concerned, apparently. Resting longer wouldn't help.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hmm....interesting. I was under the impression that it was just another poker, but your description makes me actually want one now.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
It's the first problem I've had with this vendor and they were quick to respond to my messages. That particular year/code was iffy anyhow.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Just used my Henry's cigar poker today for a tight but not plugged stick. This thing worked great and the cigar smoked perfectly as well, opening up the draw nicely. Not giving two thumbs up for one fix, but well on it's way for paying for itself already.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
It's the first problem I've had with this vendor and they were quick to respond to my messages. That particular year/code was iffy anyhow.

Well, in that case you can cut them some slack. LOL

Is the tip of the "Henry's Cigar Tool" serrated? I use mine from (the now defunked) petroglyph designs once in a wile, but these look like it would be cool to give as gifts.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad it worked out, but I would be looking for a new vendor.
HUH??? Dave is one of the best vendors out there. It's extremely rare to have any kind of problem with him or his wares, and I have NEVER hear of a case where he didn't fix the problem instantly and with extreme courtesy. :dunno:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
HUH??? Dave is one of the best vendors out there. It's extremely rare to have any kind of problem with him or his wares, and I have NEVER hear of a case where he didn't fix the problem instantly and with extreme courtesy. :dunno:
New Vendor for the cigars..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've used them a couple of time with good luck. It easier than using a drill with a small bit.
I never thought I would use mine. But had an 02 Boli Imnensa that was plugged at the band. The Henry Tool worked perfect and saved this cigar from being un-smokable.

I highly recommend a set for anyone who smokes cigars.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
:yes: That's what I was saying.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I bought the Henry tool set with the hope I'd never use it but if you smoke enough cigars you will find plugged ones regarless of where they are purchased. The chisel point on the end of Henry's tools is what seperates it from the rest of the pack. If you don't have one and would like to save those high priced plugged cigars, this is the way to go!

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just a quick plug :innocent: for Henry's Cigar Tools. I have only rescued one cigar, an RA Estupendo from last year. Good tools, good price, from a guy committed to the cigar community.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Glad it worked out, but I would be looking for a new vendor.
:yes: That's what I was saying.

I must say when I first read the top post I thought he was talking about me as well.....don't scare me like that, I'm old. :frown: