What's new

Here we go

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well, I made the mistake of adventuring into the "pipes" section of this forum a couple weeks ago...looks like I will have another hobby to learn/enjoy:

After reading all the great reviews for Frog Morton I figured that would be a good place to start.

Looking forward to trying it out :clap:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Welcome to the world of great flavors and enjoyment...Forget about the pain in the ass to light up all the time, the tongue bite, the bitter taste of tobacco juice slapping you in the mouth from a moist stem...LMAO! Seriously...It's a fun alternative to cigars and cost less for sure. Plus there something more calming about it, just has that warm and fuzzy feeling. It's a learning curve for sure so hang in there!

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I can never bring myself to do it.

I dont think I can handle having 100 pipes and 50 different tins. HA.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Welcome to the world of great flavors and enjoyment...Forget about the pain in the ass to light up all the time,If you do a good packing this wont happen much the tongue biteYour smoking to deep and fast, let it cool, the bitter taste of tobacco juice slapping you in the mouth from a moist stemCarry a spare pipe cleaner with you and when you hear a gurgle swab it out, then keep puffing...LMAO! Seriously...It's a fun alternative to cigars and cost less for sure. Plus there something more calming about it, just has that warm and fuzzy feeling. It's a learning curve for sure so hang in there!
There i fixed it for you.lol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to the slope have a nice ride! Packing is the key, when you take a test draw before lighting if it doesn't feel right (no air, too easy, etc.) go ahead and repack. The other piece of advice I can pass on is that pipe racks are a lot like humidors. If you think a 3 pipe rack will be just fine, buy a 6 or 8!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Welcome to the slope have a nice ride! Packing is the key, when you take a test draw before lighting if it doesn't feel right (no air, too easy, etc.) go ahead and repack. The other piece of advice I can pass on is that pipe racks are a lot like humidors. If you think a 3 pipe rack will be just fine, buy a 6 or 8!
.. or make one or two out of cigar boxes. o)

pix when i get something done!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yes, huge learning curve and he is right. All of those things can be solved with those simple steps. A lot of people don't have the time and patience to learn correctly so they right it off. Stay with it and it will reward you as much as a great cigar can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started down this road myself recently with a cob and some drugstore brands. Now there are five different tins of Hearth&Home and Pease at my house and I've got an order in for a couple more cobs. If I can resist the temptation to start buying hand made briars this may turn out to be a great thing for me.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
2 or 3 is where it starts.... just like cigars... that will satisfy you for a while....

then.. about 6 months from now.. youre going to want another one... a few months later... 1 more.. etc..etc..

If you think you need a rack for 3.... get a rack for 6.... :)

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I'm still trying to find a tobacco that actually has some flavor. I've sampled close to a dozen different blends and I'm still waiting for that bell to go off. I know it's out there somewhere and I know what I don't care for so far and I do enjoy the relaxing effect and convenience of pipe smoking so I will be patient.

If you need a place to buy samples I got turned on to a great site that has over 200 blends that they sell 1 ounce samples for less than 2 bucks each.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Welcome to the world of great flavors and enjoyment...Forget about the pain in the ass to light up all the time,If you do a good packing this wont happen much the tongue biteYour smoking to deep and fast, let it cool, the bitter taste of tobacco juice slapping you in the mouth from a moist stemCarry a spare pipe cleaner with you and when you hear a gurgle swab it out, then keep puffing...LMAO! Seriously...It's a fun alternative to cigars and cost less for sure. Plus there something more calming about it, just has that warm and fuzzy feeling. It's a learning curve for sure so hang in there!
There i fixed it for you.lol
LMAO...yea i guess I should have put in the helps with the complains. Learned all of those tips pretty fast.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I'm still trying to find a tobacco that actually has some flavor. I've sampled close to a dozen different blends and I'm still waiting for that bell to go off. I know it's out there somewhere and I know what I don't care for so far and I do enjoy the relaxing effect and convenience of pipe smoking so I will be patient.

If you need a place to buy samples I got turned on to a great site that has over 200 blends that they sell 1 ounce samples for less than 2 bucks each.
Mike...hit me with your ady and I'll send a few samplers your way you may find have good flavor.