What's new

herrera esteli

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Doing well Willy. Weather is getting warmer and looking to enjoy some HE on the golf course.

Not sure if its been asked, but what's your favorite size?

HUPLVR

Found
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What up Willy, this is a glorious stick period! I'm a big fan of the lonsdales, but was wonderfully surprised by the toro too....which brings me to my next point; I want to give a big thanks to John Brooke of DE who bombed me with a sweet package of toro's today. He's been trying to get these to me forever, but one thing after another has tried to stand in his way. John, JD, and the rest of the DE crew are first class. All the best to you guys!

Scotty

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Herrera Esteli is NOT a fuerte blend, more in the medium category imo. Also, I find this is a cigar that needs to be savored slowly to really enjoy the nuances, personally I find it to be an elegant, refined blend of medium body with a sweet creamy smoke with notes of white pepper. I personally favor the smaller rings as the larger ones are too mild for my own preferences.

Like all cigars, only you can decide if it is or is not right for you.

BR,

Steve Saka
CEO, Drew Estate
I have been working these. My buds at Cigar King, who have rarely steered me wrong, recommended these. I bought one of the first cabs they had of toro especiales and let them sit for a while.

They look and smell we fabulous. The first one I tried was rather mild but with a nice flavor profile so I designated these to morning cigars. I had smoked a few of the box and given some away but kept waiting for the magic to happen. Often when I first do not appreciate a cigar known to be good I put them in the back of my humidor to open at a much later date. The humidor is a custom model fully cedar lined with an avallo active humidification system maintaining a steady 68% for about 400 boxes. I say this as often it is the environment that leads to cigar breakdown. Well, these cigars are not going to reach the magic stage as they are not holding up. Ten to twelve of the cigars are either badly cracked at the foot or completely cracked down the side. I fear they are a loss. I have heard this was an issue that has been fixed and I hope so as I have high hopes for this line at Drew Estates.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, sorry to hear abt the issues your having with the sticks. We did have some issues with the original batch that where made. We have since corrected the problem.do me a favor and send me an email with your info and I will send you a new box. My email is wherrera@drewestate.com
Thanks and again sorry abt that.
Willy