What's new

Hidden gems?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Name your gem's.... you know the second tier marquee and vitola that gets very little mentioning on the forums but is a gem.

For example Sancho Panza non plus or Rafael Gonzales lonsdales..

what other ones do you like? (ie.. not monte 2, psd4, BBF, Mag46... so in otherwords.. not the ones that gets mentioned over and over again on the forum)...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well two that come to mind pretty quickly are...

Juan Lopez - Seleccion #1
and
HdM - Le Hoyo du Prince

I think both of these are great smokes and don't get alot of recognition!!

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I seem to like the whole Rafael Gonzalez line. Although not overpowering, I like the flavor profile of them, especially the Coronas Extra.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DaveC said:
vegueros marevas......
Very interesting Dave.... gotta give em a try.. I have only tried vegueros seoanes and didn't like em much... so you are suggesting unfamiliar territory.. good on ya mate! Just the thing I was after....

I wonder if anyone will mention La Gloria Cubana medaille d' or no 4's cabinet for all the coffe and chocolate lovers out there??? My own most recent Gem.. wait.. I just mentioned it, didn't I? :smt001

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SLR Churchill and Corona, a cheaper version of Cohiba when aged for 3-4 years. Loads of honey and full bodied. Not quite Cohiba, but still fantastic.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sheik Ur Bootie said:
SLR Churchill and Corona, a cheaper version of Cohiba when aged for 3-4 years. Loads of honey and full bodied. Not quite Cohiba, but still fantastic.
I agree with you that SLR have fantastic cigars in their line up.. but I would hardly call SLR a second tier marquee :)

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Diplomatico - I know these are enjoyed widely, but I don't think the line gets the press it deserves. Similiar yet superior to Montecristo with consistancy that is second to none. I would recommend to new and old smokers alike. The flavors aren't overpowering for a newb but yet manage not to bore vets either. One of my top Marques with RA & Cohiba.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have to second the RG suggestion. An excellent blend that gets almost NO recognition. Very yummy. The Coronas Extra especially takes the cake.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
N2Advnture said:
JL #1 & #2
SLR Corona
Vegueros Marevas - DaveC gave me an aged one that was VERY good!
I'm inclined to agree with N2...
Altho I would be specific in saying JL#1, the SLC Churchill and the Vegueros marevas c/o DaveC...plus adding the SCDH El Principes

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
dvickery said:
seems everybody smokes petite coronas and punch...yet you never hear much about the royal selection #12...best kept secret in the mareva size.

derrek
Well now you've gone and done it, I'm going to have to kill you now.
Nothing personal :smt042 :mrgreen:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Big fan of the JL #1, #2.

Also enjoying SC El Morros and La Puntas.

Athough second tier, I think SP Belis are properly recognized as a damn good cigar, no news there.