What's new

High school reunions

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So This year is my 10 year reunion and don't know if I wanna go. To me it just seems like its going to be measuring of jobs and money.

Anways.... any of you peeps gone to your reunions? What was your take on it?

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have not had a reunion yet. This year marked 13 years since high school. However, my wife is planning her 20th. It is going to be in November. She also planned her 10th. I will attend because its my wife. I would of not went to one of my own tho. The few people I did stay in touch with do a lot of judging based on your income and your job title. If the high school attitude was not there I would not have any issue going, but I know that attitude will always be with my class.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
My 10year is in October....$45 per person at some run down Steak+seafood place...So many places in central Florida to pick and they chose that one....

I agree with it being a, "I work here...I do this, I do that....My kid does this...I just bought that!"

I feel like renting a Lamborgini Murcielargo and pulling up, throw up about $200 in ones and telling everyone to suck on deez and drive off....then call a buddy or two and see what everyone said!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Nope, I am not interested at all. Everyone I want to keep in touch with I have. Or they know how to find me.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
My 40th will be this October. I haven't missed one yet. We still sit around and BS about all the s.....t we did, got caught doing, and didn't get caught doing. Drink alot of beers and smoke alot of stogies. It's usually a two night deal, Friday night for classmates only. Saturday for the significant others to attend. At the last two there have been more at the Friday night than the Saturday night affair. Friday is usually at one of the local taverns or the bar in the bowling alley. I think the "affair" is why there are more at the Friday night gig. Some looking to hook up with old flames, and those looking to see who is trying get hooked up with there old flame. And then there are those that just want to see who has aged the best or least.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Went to my 5 year, realized I really didn't care what people in my class were doing. Skipped my 10 year, and plan on skipping my 15 year too which is in 2010.

Either that or take a cue from Daviso27 :rofl:

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So This year is my 10 year reunion and don't know if I wanna go. To me it just seems like its going to be measuring of jobs and money.

Anways.... any of you peeps gone to your reunions? What was your take on it?
I skipped my first 2 reunions then went to my 15th (dreading it for the very reasons you gave)

I had a ball and was one of the last to leave. Been to every one since. The status types all seem to leave early.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
had a blast at my 20 year! absolute blast!! i didn't care what anybody thought! i just went to catch up with a few old friends!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I spent 2 years at, and graduated from, an uptight Catholic school and most of the kids there came from money, got brand new nice cars for 16th birthdays and all the typical spoils. I basically couldn't relate to any of them, needless to say I skipped my 10 year reunion and in 3 years when 20 rolls around(has it really been that long:grin:), I'll be skipping that one too. If I had any communication with any of them after graduation it might be a different story, but no thanks.

I do like Daviso27's idea, that would be classic!!!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I think I'm the only one alive..................
Your millenium reunion is coming up isn't it? :pokemyeye

My 20th is this year but undecided if I'm going. The wife says we should but I haven't kept in touch with a single person.

Over the past year, I started getting a lot dings on facebook from people I went to school with.

~M

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'm in the same boat - I've been invited to go to the 10 year reunion (except that it's really the 14th yr)...

Anyway - I'm on the fence for the very same reasons.
(I hate the whole compare & compete HS BS, even though I feel very grateful and fortunate: I know I have more than most)
I know I can be quietly confident & not have to participate in that sort of behavior.
In my experience - those are the ones that are usually insecure, lacking confidence and need to compansate for some unknown shortcoming.

It's in early October, so I still have some time to decide & make arrangements.
I know a few of my friends are going... So we'll see.

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Skipped my 5yr, Skipped my 10yr, they didn't do a 15yr, 20 yr is coming up in 2011.... I assume. I will probably be going to that one..... Couple of them I'd like to look at, er, uhm see again...... Just out of curiosity.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one friend that I've kept in touch with and don't really care to know what the others are doing. Hell I don't even want most of those F'ers to know where I live or how I'm doing.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
My 10 year was a reeeeaaaal treat.

I will agree with whoever said that all the crusty uptights who want to see what everybody has left early before the fun began.

In a nutshell...

My wife poured red wine on teh white pants and shirt of the gal that "accidentally" poured beer on my wife because she was dancing with the DJ too much. That led to me apologizing profusely while backing my way out the door. I swear it looked like an angry mob with piptchforks, spears and candles was following me. The stained white pants girl and i found my wife hiding behind our car, at which point the stained girl got in my wife's face. The angry mob had found us by this time. The stained girl's forefinger ended up right in my wife's face at which point my wife wrapped both hands around her throat and slammed her back on the ground, all in one swift motion. It was amazing! But what was more amzing was a throng of gangsta brother's that i didnt' go to high school with began inching closer to me. When suddenly a little chubby brotha busted through em all and said "It's all cool boys." Low and behold it was my brother's old drug dealer, Bubba. (but that's another story) Anyhow, apparently all the dude's were Bubbas hinchmen and stained girl was somehow connected with Bubba or one of his "boys", all of which live over an hour away. How the hell Bubba ended up at MY 10 year reuninon i have no idea. But there was Bubba and he was sayin it was all cool because "My woman had heart." We left immediately, only to stop at a stop light, look to our left and see stained red wine girl crying in her car. We laughed, lokoked straight ahead and sped away.

I'm not sure if we'll be going to the next one.