What's new

Hillbilly Herf III - Return of the Rednecks

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I I think we need to include noise ordinances in our fund next year lol
^^^^ this! ^^^^

I knew about the 1 "violation".. and paid it when we left...

Checked the credit card statement yesterday... Fuggers @ the cabin company actually billed the credit card for 2x violations though (after telling us they werent going to do that for Friday night)....

I think Im going to find somewhere a little more isolated next year... we can take our money elsewhere...

When youre two doors down from an Ohio State fraternity party.. with kids hanging out the windows, screaming at 2 AM, leaving trash on the street that attracts bears, etc..etc.. and the complex things YOU were too loud and writes you a violation because there were some guys on the front porch listening to music...

its time to find another cabin...

Kinda sucks.. I liked the place... but.. thats BS (IMO)... if youre going to bill me.. you should at least TELL ME about it.. and not have it just arbitrarily show up on the credit card statement..

but.. there are probably 15 more cabin complexes just like that one in the area.. the HERF will go on..... just not at the Black Bear Bunkhouse..

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I am not much for words but... man what a rocking time I had at the herf! It was great to actually put a face to the names of brothers whom I know and meet brand spanking new members. Everyone was so very generous and kind and I am truly blessed to be a part of this family. Props to everyone who made this happen so smoothly; I cannot wait until the next HBH2016, definitely worth the 9hr drive!!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Checked the credit card statement yesterday... Fuggers @ the cabin company actually billed the credit card for 2x violations though (after telling us they werent going to do that for Friday night)....
Wow, what BS. I think they purposely run a racket where they can silently cash in on all their fine print fees. I would definitely call them out on it. Did we get charged any other cleaning fees, smoking fine, etc? Please let us know whatever you are out of pocket as I'll gladly help pay the bills.

Last edited:

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
[QUOTE="mdwest, post: 1613581, member: 11730

Wow, what BS. I think they purposely run a racket where they can silently cash in on all their fine print fees. I would definitely call them out on it. Did we get charged any other cleaning fees, smoking fine, etc? Please let us know whatever you are out of pocket as I'll gladly help pay the bills.
Same here!

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
they told us when we got fined the second night that is was only $50 and it was because they had to come out to the cabin two nights in a row. All that were out there can vouch for that. How much were the fines that were charged? Let me know and I'll throw in

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think they charged $50 for night 1 and $250 for night 2. I heard the lady tell one of the brothers that it was a $50 fine and if they had to come a second time it would be $250. Just speculating that we got hit for $300 total. Hell next time we can have the herf at my house.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
they told us when we got fined the second night that is was only $50 and it was because they had to come out to the cabin two nights in a row. All that were out there can vouch for that. How much were the fines that were charged? Let me know and I'll throw in
I was the one "in charge" Dave. They asked for the cabin renter and I told them you were unavailable. They asked if I would "sign" in the morning FOR THE 50.00 FINE. IF THEY HAD TO COME BACK AGAIN ON SATURDAY NIGHT IT WOULD BE 250.00. THEY NEVER CAME BACK. I'm positive because that was the bear incident with ish being outside. We immediately turned OFF the music at the first occurrence. That is how it went down and I would call the CC company and fight the shit out of anything else. No offense but fuck that all of us chipping in more money. Let's put it to good use in OE 2015.