What's new

Hillbilly Herf III - Return of the Rednecks

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Man! Looks like y'all had a super fun time!

Does Hillbilly Herf IV have an official name yet? If not, I propose Hillbilly Herf IV: The Stench of Victory

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
No worries on the "fines" guys.. they just hit me for 2x $56 fees.. ($50 plus tax)... We came in $60 under budget on food.. so that took care of one of them (I had planned on mailing out a couple of post HERF prezzies for "traveling the furthest", "being the biggest asshat", etc.. :) ... the $56 fine just ate the asshat fund...

the second $56 fee they are claiming is for Friday night....

Im not worried about fifty bucks.. I honestly expected to be out of pocket $200-$400 before it was all over with, and was totally prepared to pay that.. and am super happy that with all the cost of food, supplies, cabins, transport, etc..etc.. that this thing came in as close as it did to budget.. $56 is actually a relief...

I just think they have behaved like douche bags.. we were making noise after 10PM... if they wanted to fine us... cool.. then they should have told us.. instead of telling us that they WERE NOT going to do it.. and.. to worry about us having a radio on in the first place.. when the fraternity party 2 doors down had people swinging from the banisters, screaming out windows, playing music so loud you could hear it over ours, etc..etc.. well.. thats stupid (IMO)...

My thoughts are... Im planning on renting another cabin(s) next year.. we're probably looking at someone picking up between $1500-$2000 in revenue for next years weekend rental... (it was just under $1500 this year.. and we're going to need a lot more space next year..).. if they want to piss away that revenue over $50... cool... I'll take our two grand somewhere else that might appreciate it a little more.. :)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
No worries on the "fines" guys.. they just hit me for 2x $56 fees.. ($50 plus tax)... We came in $60 under budget on food.. so that took care of one of them (I had planned on mailing out a couple of post HERF prezzies for "traveling the furthest", "being the biggest asshat", etc.. :) ... the $56 fine just ate the asshat fund...

the second $56 fee they are claiming is for Friday night....

Im not worried about fifty bucks.. I honestly expected to be out of pocket $200-$400 before it was all over with, and was totally prepared to pay that.. and am super happy that with all the cost of food, supplies, cabins, transport, etc..etc.. that this thing came in as close as it did to budget.. $56 is actually a relief...

I just think they have behaved like douche bags.. we were making noise after 10PM... if they wanted to fine us... cool.. then they should have told us.. instead of telling us that they WERE NOT going to do it.. and.. to worry about us having a radio on in the first place.. when the fraternity party 2 doors down had people swinging from the banisters, screaming out windows, playing music so loud you could hear it over ours, etc..etc.. well.. thats stupid (IMO)...

My thoughts are... Im planning on renting another cabin(s) next year.. we're probably looking at someone picking up between $1500-$2000 in revenue for next years weekend rental... (it was just under $1500 this year.. and we're going to need a lot more space next year..).. if they want to piss away that revenue over $50... cool... I'll take our two grand somewhere else that might appreciate it a little more.. :)
Tax on a fine. .. that doesn't sound right.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That whole thing was bs. When they pulled up and said they got music complaints I asked her "you call this loud?" she said "it echoes we heard it coming up" I said but you're standing right here and you don't have to speak up to speak to me. I clicked it down literally two notches and she said "I can live with that" if it's their policy, whatever but we weren't loud and to be called the most well behaved house AND loud is stupid. We were on The porch chillin with a Bose/iPhone/Bluetooth rig going on. Never was loud to begin with.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
That whole thing was bs. When they pulled up and said they got music complaints I asked her "you call this loud?" she said "it echoes we heard it coming up" I said but you're standing right here and you don't have to speak up to speak to me. I clicked it down literally two notches and she said "I can live with that" if it's their policy, whatever but we weren't loud and to be called the most well behaved house AND loud is stupid. We were on The porch chillin with a Bose/iPhone/Bluetooth rig going on. Never was loud to begin with.
Must have been that damned rock and roll music with your shakin' hips and all... Had you been playing one of only two acceptable forms of music, you would have been okay. But noooo, was there either country OR western played? Probably not.

Heathens...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Naw 40 isn't lying I was sitting there with him listening to music. We were talking and didn't even have to raise our voices and she actually told us the reason she came up was that the frat boys had been yelling and screaming they were looking for them cause that is no acceptable and she also said we were being gentlemen and very responsible so this makes absolutely no fucking sense.