What's new

Hockey's about to start...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Ha me too. Yea I'm watching the game now and read that he's back down. Along with Forsling. I think Forsling will make it back up sooner than later.
Forsling definitely has a lot of upside.

I thought Vinnie looked pretty good with Toews and Hoss. I'll be curious to see who starts on that line Sunday against the (Sexual) Predators.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Forsling definitely has a lot of upside.

I thought Vinnie looked pretty good with Toews and Hoss. I'll be curious to see who starts on that line Sunday against the (Sexual) Predators.
Vinnie is a promising skater. He's got so much speed, dare I say, up there with McDavid (minus the three points per game thing :)) but his pure hustle will get him far with Q. Hartman too, he's coming into his own and I consider him a "Hawk" now. Q really knows how to develop these young guys. I'm also happy that he scratched Campbell twice last week, AND he didn't play Rozy hardly at all. Rozy needs to go. You could see it in Campbell's play yesterday, he stepped up on quite a few plays and didn't blindly give away the puck all night.

I still feel we were outplayed again yesterday, I wonder what our Corsi against was last night, but Darling played out of his mind. Our goaltending is top notch thus far. What did he have like 40 saves? Once again, this is a fun team to watch develop throughout the season. Next year brings more challenges since Panarin just hit us with a hard cap hit, but soooo worth it. I hope he gets a long term contract after his two year term is up. He is the next Ovie.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Bread man does have that shot from that same spot, @StogieJim , looks very Ovi-like.

Agree pretty much with your assessments across the board, still think Rozie is a good 8th man/insurance policy at a discount price.

Be interesting to see who the Hawks bring in goal next year if (whne0) they lose Darling in the expansion draft. Unless they trade him at the deadline and try to get something in return.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bread man does have that shot from that same spot, @StogieJim , looks very Ovi-like.

Agree pretty much with your assessments across the board, still think Rozie is a good 8th man/insurance policy at a discount price.

Be interesting to see who the Hawks bring in goal next year if (whne0) they lose Darling in the expansion draft. Unless they trade him at the deadline and try to get something in return.
Yea I'm interested as well. Surely he is gone next season. No way Vegas isn't grabbing him. But like you said, with Stan knowing this, he may trade him off for someone badass in return.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yea I'm interested as well. Surely he is gone next season. No way Vegas isn't grabbing him. But like you said, with Stan knowing this, he may trade him off for someone badass in return.
That would be the logical move, though it could hurt a SC run if Crow gets injured again late in the season.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Red Wings owner Mike Illitch passed away last night. Beloved by every Wings fan, myself included. He took over the hapless "Dead Wings", promptly drafted Steve Yzerman, and spearheaded their return to prominence as an NHL powerhouse. He did whatever it took to return them to glory. Under his watch they won 4 Stanley Cups and haven't missed the playoffs in the last 25 years. Rest in peace Mr. I, and thank you.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Red Wings owner Mike Illitch passed away last night. Beloved by every Wings fan, myself included. He took over the hapless "Dead Wings", promptly drafted Steve Yzerman, and spearheaded their return to prominence as an NHL powerhouse. He did whatever it took to return them to glory. Under his watch they won 4 Stanley Cups and haven't missed the playoffs in the last 25 years. Rest in peace Mr. I, and thank you.
Ilitch set the standard for ownership and leadership in thr NHL. He will be missed by all of hockey.