What's new

Holiday firearms?

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
derek said:
Actually I order a Springfield Armory 3" sub compact yesterday. It caught my attention and I had to have it Linky - shrugs-
Do you have a CCP for that li'l bugger? I have yet to apply for one here in CO but plan on it.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
getting the .40 XD9802F with XML

I live in CT, to get your state permit is not easy. Once you get your permit the only way you can carry is concealed.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Santa Claus is brining this happy lil' Scout a P14-45 to take over to the desert with me, paperwork is already filed with my controlling unit:bangbang: Something about having to rely on a 9mm to drop somebody with a C4 vest on makes me a little nervous, I'd rather send 231grains at him than 147....We're taught (unofficially of course) to '3 shot drop', 2 low, 1 high (use your imagination), but I have a feeling if I'm ever in the situation, I'll be going for slide lock....

Santa brought misses TC something sparkly and set in gold, and also a 4" SAXD in 40cal....(shhh, she doesn't know yet :santa2)

Andrew

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Springfield XD? Aren't those made in Croatia? It's probably best to cancel that order and just spring for a Glock. :bangbang:

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To behonest I'm sure not where they are made. I get everything at cost(family member is a dealer), so I figured I would add it to my collection. I have 9 Glocks already and don't really want another one. As for the para-ordnance, I picked up a couple of those over the past few years.

On a public level most civilians don't wear vests, so a 9mm or even a 38 would be sufficent in an emergency situation. However, you have to always be prepared for the unknown.

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see. If your getting it at cost you probably shold get a Les Baer or a Wilson Combat or just anything ornately engraved and nickle plated. :glassesgr

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not a fan of chrome, engraved, "collectors type" of fire arms.:glassesgr

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The fiance says my addication with guns and cigars is the same. Out of control. Doesn't seem to bother me tho.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I tried the XD when I was looking in May, and I don't know if it was just that it was new or what, but the gun just didn't fit comfortably in my hand. I also tried the Glock 23, which was better, but still didn't fit. There was a Kimber at about the $600 price point which felt great and had incredible balance, but it was about $150 above my budget, so I got the .40S&W Baby Eagle. Not too bad of a gun for the money, but I really need to get out and shoot more.

Part of the XD and Glock not fitting right might be my being left handed and also having small hands (hey, at 5'3" the sizing division was only working in certain areas). I couldn't work all the features on the guns without having to cross my right hand over occasionally.