What's new

Home Fitness Programs

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Anyone have any success with home fitness programs? If so which one?

I just start the T25....I wake up early to go to work and have 3 kids...so I figured 25 minutes at night when the kiddos go to sleep is something I can do without much equipment. Hopefully it goes well...

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I've had great success with Insanity.

I started doing the Catching Fire 30-day Challenge as found on you tube and then just recently started on the 30-day Real Time Challenge also found on youtube. I'm pretty satisfied with the real time challenge. It's working so far...leaning out pretty quickly.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hmm I'll have to look into that one. How long is each session and do you need any special equipment?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Athlean-X works very well for leanness and muscle. 30-40 min workout, 5 days a week. Much more sustainable over the long term in comparison to P90x.

You'll get what you put into any of them. None are magic and with any workout program its 30% program and 70% diet. If you have been doing nothing for a while then they'll all have pretty quick results at first, but you'll level out and the improvements will slow. The big question is what is your final goal, where do you want to be? Then look for a program that will help you achieve that.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So I know some guys who are in much better shape than me that had a rough time with P90X and Insanity well look at the name! Anything you recommend for us guys that like to say 'hey, round is a shape' if you know what I mean?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I know some guys who are in much better shape than me that had a rough time with P90X and Insanity well look at the name! Anything you recommend for us guys that like to say 'hey, round is a shape' if you know what I mean?
Check out Athleanx.com

If just starting then look at the original program or the Xero program which is bodyweight only.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of good advice here. Tried P90X, but joint issues made a lot of the exercises very difficult me. As mentioned the biggest part of any plan is the proper diet to accompany them and any type of aerobic activity (walking, swimming, running) can have dramatic results if you stay committed to the diet portion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The home fitness exercises can be helpful for your to control your weight and enhance your fitness level if you do these exercises properly and regularly.
I have no more time so I do my exercise at home. I do push ups, pull ups, sits ups, rope jumping, and squat etc. at home. All these home exercise help me to maintain my fitness level and enhance the body strength.

adamprowse personal trainer

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I dropped 50lbs doing DDP Yoga.. Not many people give it a second look after realizing that it's a pro wrestler who made the work out but if you're out of shape, limited on time or have joint problems give it a try.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I dropped 50lbs doing DDP Yoga.. Not many people give it a second look after realizing that it's a pro wrestler who made the work out but if you're out of shape, limited on time or have joint problems give it a try.
And if anyone has a problem with that, you can put the diamond cutter on them for a quick three count.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if anyone has a problem with that, you can put the diamond cutter on them for a quick three count.
He is one of the truly good guys who does a ton of charity work here in Atlanta. I guess he struggled with literacy issues and now spends a lot of time in schools teaching and preaching the value learning to read and write.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started out on an elliptical, working up to 30 minutes per day. To cement the habit I did it for 21 days straight to help it become a new norm. Any activity which increases your heart rate which you sustain over a period of time while challenging yourself is a good start. Jumping into something like P90X or Insanity without exercising or without knowing how your body responds may demoralize you and cause you to yodel gravy.

I'd keep it simple at first with exercise you can build a good habit with and track what you eat.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I recently just found a couple good workouts on youtube. the 30 day Real Time Challenge is one. Requires about an hour with some moderate weights. I have 25lb and 10lb dumbells and they work pretty well for most everything, except chest presses.

There's also the Catching Fire 30 day challenge, which is only about 15 minutes max and it does a pretty good job at making your body feel it all over in just a few short minutes.

But as has been said, the diet is the key. And it's the hard part for me.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have a X Marine at the firehouse who has preached this for years:
Eat right, put out what you put in. And get in 45 mins of excercise a day. (Non stop/ turn off the TVs) Six days a week.
He does a 3 mile run and goes straight into calisthenics and dumbbell weights.
He is still one of the most naturally fit guys I know. Daily vitamins and high natural protein diets. No super testosterone this, creatine that or P90X. Just Diet and exercise. FYI He's also 45years old!!!!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a X Marine at the firehouse who has preached this for years:
Eat right, put out what you put in. And get in 45 mins of excercise a day. (Non stop/ turn off the TVs) Six days a week.
He does a 3 mile run and goes straight into calisthenics and dumbbell weights.
He is still one of the most naturally fit guys I know. Daily vitamins and high natural protein diets. No super testosterone this, creatine that or P90X. Just Diet and exercise. FYI He's also 45years old!!!!
Good simple program he preaching. Im at the point of trying to get a daily exercise routine into my life.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Keep in mind genetics play a role in everything.

One persons metabolism isn't the same as the next. What works for one might not work for you. You need to find what you want out of it, set your mind to it and never quit until you reach your goal. Once you reach it, set a tougher one.

Remember, you can work out hard or you can work out long, you can't do both. No workout should take you more than 45-60 minutes.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just ordered the new 22 minute Hard Corps program today. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
I've really enjoyed P90X and P90X3 and this looks pretty intense. Anyone else looked into it?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just ordered the new 22 minute Hard Corps program today. Looking forward to giving it a shot.
I've really enjoyed P90X and P90X3 and this looks pretty intense. Anyone else looked into it?
Tony looks different with facial hair. Wow. Didn't even recognize him on the landing page for the program. Is it actually out yet?

May have to order a bunch of MREs and try this after MAX is over. Haha.