What's new

Home lounge air filtration

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Is the Rabbit Air worth the money?
It’s not, we tried it. Our lounge in town doesn’t even turn them on anymore. They just pay for good marketing but their product isn’t worth buying.

In my lounge I use a radiating heater from Sam’s. Keeps the smoking chairs warm and nothing else.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
How do you deal with the heat loss in the winter? Does your lounge have a heat source?
Is the Rabbit Air worth the money?
I have a 5kw in-line Heater built into the fresh air intake. It has a sensor that samples the air every 5 seconds and adjust accordingly. Cost about 50 dollars a month to run in the winter. One cigar a night runs for about 90 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have never found a smoke eater that was any good
If you do get a air cleaner look for this:
  • A True HEPA filtering system, which removes 99.97% of particles .3 microns and larger. This includes visible smoke.
  • An Activated Carbon Filter, which absorbs the smoke odor.
An Activated Carbon Filter is the real secret behind eliminating tobacco smoke odor inside your house.

When shopping for an air purifier, you’ll come across many products that include a True HEPA filter. However, most of these devices are not very effective at getting rid of smoke because they don’t also have an Activated Carbon filter to get rid of the particles that make up its odor.

Only an air purifier that can absorb the gaseous pollutants from smoke will work for your situation. Buying any other type of product will be a waste of money.

I would look at this one
Austin Air HealthMate HM 400
What you’ll love most about this device is that contains nearly 15 pounds of Activated Carbon, which is unmatched in the marketplace.

It also draws air into the unit through all sides, making it a 360 degree air filtering unit. This makes it possible to place the device anywhere in the room and enjoy maximum air filtration no matter where it’s located.

What’s even better is that this air purifier can purify an area up to 1,500 sq. ft. That’s more than enough power to create clean, fresh air in practically any size single family home.

Finally, this smoke air purifier comes with a 5 year filter life, which means you won’t have to spend a ton of money each year to keep it running efficiently.

I have built a few cigar lounges in mine and others homes. The number 1 and best way to enjoy a cigar in a home is you have to remove the smoke ASAP. I understand that you are in a basement but I would look into the 6" or 8" hole with a fan and bigger is better!!! I would look at this Hyper Fan 8 in Digital Mixed Flow Fan 710 CFM. If you look around you can find them under $200 and lots of videos on youtube about them.
Good luck
The only true way to do it is to remove the smoke from the room ASAP!!! My system in my lounge has a 950CFM fan and completely changes all the air in the room every min. I do use a Ozone machine just to help keep the room fresh also have wood floors and leather chairs in the room all this helps. Never have anything with fabric in the room and pick a darker wall color as after a year they will be stained.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I smoke in one room in my house. Have an inline fan to exhaust air out of the room as I'm smoking and a small ionizer on a timer to filter and freshen a few times during the day. Agree that exhaust is critical and I'd recommend the inline fan as it can be in another area so you don't have the sound. I do have an area rug and there is always a little of a cigar smell, but the fan pulls the air from the rest of the house under the door so any odor is all contained to one room. Best of all - it is wife approved !

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks for the feedback guys. Guess I need to look into an ozone generator. Ozone is bad for you though. How long do you have to stay out of the room until it dissipates?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sure it depends on the size of the unit, how long you let it run, the size of the room, the amount of ventilation in the room etc. I generally run mine for 40 minutes after leaving for the night and when I re-enter in the morning I still smell some ozone but it dissipates pretty quickly when I open the door and start up the fans. We are very slowing heading into fall (humidity below 80% and temps in low 80's) so I'll be running the exhaust fans more, the AC and de-humidifier less.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
For those of you that are cycling air how do you stop this room from freezing in winter and melting in the dead of summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I saw one person mention an inline heater.
Another method would be to rent a ditchwitch and get a few rolls of solid corrugated drain pipe, and bury it 18 - 24 inches underground to use as your fresh air intake. Should give you a decent amount of geothermal benefit.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
For those of you that are cycling air how do you stop this room from freezing in winter and melting in the dead of summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So I installed an inline fan in my exterior cinder block wall last week. The room is an interior basement room next to my boiler room. I'm currently just pulling air into my smoke room from under the door from the boiler room. (Which gets hot, 80F, in the winter) I don't plan on using the room much in the summer/fall when the evenings are great.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I saw one person mention an inline heater.
Another method would be to rent a ditchwitch and get a few rolls of solid corrugated drain pipe, and bury it 18 - 24 inches underground to use as your fresh air intake. Should give you a decent amount of geothermal benefit.
Good idea, but you have to go 6 ft deep to get under the frost up here.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The frost can get much deeper but it all depends on how cold for how long. It is also not uncommon to have that much ice on the lakes. I have a hunch that this could be a long winter. We already have about 3" of snow on the ground and have had single digit lows at night. Sorta sucks but at the same time I am looking forward to getting in some ice fishing. Nothing like fresh fish tacos !