What's new

Homeade 4 Cigar Ashtray to adorn Sir Walter Raleigh can

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey guys thought this would be appropriate to show off a little something i whipped together for my first thread!
Have to say i am very excited to become a larger part of the BOTL community!

After seeing alot of different homeade cigar rests i decided i wanted to put something together that was solid, could hold plenty of ash and wanted somewhere to sturdily rest my cigars.

I liked the idea of the Xikar ash can but didn't like the lack of cigar rests.

Anyways decided to fool around with some scrap metal in the garage and it turned out pretty good!
I plan on making some edits to my next one including thicker top metal to keep from warping as this did, but for a prototype i think it worked out well!

Here's my new Top Hat cigar rest/ashtray as i'm calling it!

I'd love to see some other homeade trays & rests if anybody wants to post theirs up!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nice!

I am in the same boat as RacFocus, so skills either, but I did pick up some cool looking ashtrays at the antique place.

Rene'

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks!
Hopefully version 2 will allow me to show a little better use of skills but love how solid this baby is.
No cigar teetering off the edge for me!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Nice bead bro. I don't have a welder in my garage, let alone Stainless supplies. Looks pretty good man. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your next one.

KK33

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice bead bro. I don't have a welder in my garage, let alone Stainless supplies. Looks pretty good man. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see your next one.

KK33
Thanks man actually have to credit my younger brother for purchasing a Miller MIG 220 and Miller plasma cutter.

Got a day off and along with enjoying a couple LP's put together a couple stands.

First simple design:

Then decided to do a little more fab work:

Ended up with this beauty:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks man! Considering some different designs for the middle section...
Hopefully enviolving a friends waterjet😃
Ill probably paint the next one but I love a raw metal look so I grinded the whole thing and hit it with a gloss clear coat to keep the finish from going down over time

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Nice work love the look of the raw metal looks rustic.

"Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy Shit....what a ride!"

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Man those are some awesome skills!!! I only wish I could weld lol. I tried a stick (stig? Idk what it's called) welder once and was terrible. Like just terrible lol. I'm always trying to figure out how to make cigar accessories out of wood but I end up getting half way through and get distracted

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Man those are some awesome skills!!! I only wish I could weld lol. I tried a stick (stig? Idk what it's called) welder once and was terrible. Like just terrible lol. I'm always trying to figure out how to make cigar accessories out of wood but I end up getting half way through and get distracted
Thanks man! It's much easier than you think I've learned simply by messing around and watching others do never had any real training. Now wood work that's impressive! Too much patience for me I like metal work which is pretty much fire and force.
Check out this awesome ashtray out of a short story box top a customer actually JUST made for me

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That.... Is awesome. I wonder what they use for a protective coat over the box?

KK33
He varnished the wood after routing it and there is a piece of glass laid in the bottom along with gel corners on the bottom to protect the under coat. Pretty cool. Here's a couple more he left to sell at my shop

Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Man!! I definitely have to borrow that idea for the box top ashtrays!! I have a ton of glass that I can't use for screen printing anymore, I just have to find some nice and interesting old boxes at the local b&ms. I might actually add some little blocks inside of the edges at the notches so it is like a smal cigar rest. Cheers!!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Man!! I definitely have to borrow that idea for the box top ashtrays!! I have a ton of glass that I can't use for screen printing anymore, I just have to find some nice and interesting old boxes at the local b&ms. I might actually add some little blocks inside of the edges at the notches so it is like a smal cigar rest. Cheers!!
I manage a couple B&M's PM me your addy and any brands you would be interested in brother! That goes for you too King Kill!