What's new

Homeade 4 Cigar Ashtray to adorn Sir Walter Raleigh can

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Man those are some awesome skills!!! I only wish I could weld lol. I tried a stick (stig? Idk what it's called) welder once and was terrible. Like just terrible lol. I'm always trying to figure out how to make cigar accessories out of wood but I end up getting half way through and get distracted
Thanks man! It's much easier than you think I've learned simply by messing around and watching others do never had any real training. Now wood work that's impressive! Too much patience for me I like metal work which is pretty much fire and force.
Check out this awesome ashtray out of a short story box top a customer actually JUST made for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's awesome man!! That customer has some serious talent!!! But when I say woodwork I mean more along the lines of just cutting stuff and putting it together, I can't bevel any edges or cut in perfect cigar rests on the edge lol.

Like this is my latest project I'm trying to finish (just a short table for an ashtray that is the perfect height for my smoking seat)

This other is about the best I can do with wood and a drill press lol. I've made a ton of these in every caliber

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Man those are some awesome skills!!! I only wish I could weld lol. I tried a stick (stig? Idk what it's called) welder once and was terrible. Like just terrible lol. I'm always trying to figure out how to make cigar accessories out of wood but I end up getting half way through and get distracted
Thanks man! It's much easier than you think I've learned simply by messing around and watching others do never had any real training. Now wood work that's impressive! Too much patience for me I like metal work which is pretty much fire and force.
Check out this awesome ashtray out of a short story box top a customer actually JUST made for me

That's awesome man!! That customer has some serious talent!!! But when I say woodwork I mean more along the lines of just cutting stuff and putting it together, I can't bevel any edges or cut in perfect cigar rests on the edge lol.

Like this is my latest project I'm trying to finish (just a short table for an ashtray that is the perfect height for my smoking seat)

This other is about the best I can do with wood and a drill press lol. I've made a ton of these in every caliber
Small world! I'm also an avid gun enthusiast an had made slightly different versions of your shell holders to make reloading a bit easier
That table is too cool man! I've been thinking of making some sort of table for the same purpose as I end up smoking in my folding chairs on my deck so would love a table to accompany me. Yours looks awesome man!
Are you going to seal the boxes for the table somehow? Or will this be an indoor table?

Oh also should post how I celebrated finishing up some cage work along with the stand...my first MUWAT!

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

Small world! I'm also an avid gun enthusiast an had made slightly different versions of your shell holders to make reloading a bit easier
That table is too cool man! I've been thinking of making some sort of table for the same purpose as I end up smoking in my folding chairs on my deck so would love a table to accompany me. Yours looks awesome man!
Are you going to seal the boxes for the table somehow? Or will this be an indoor table?

Oh also should post how I celebrated finishing up some cage work along with the stand...my first MUWAT!

Lol. Mine aren't for reloading him they are just for display. Once again I got bored and tried it. I have one that I did with like 20 dif calibers from large to small up to a 50 BMG and down to a .22 short with the calibers engraved with a dremel on the bottom of the wood.

I didn't really think too much about how some of the boxes not having latches so I have to pick it up from the bottom otherwise they open lol. I'm just going to use liquid nails or a nail gun to seal them. It's going to be an outdoor one, but I have a screened in deck so rain doesn't get in.

Here's what I ended up doing for the stacking of the boxes though. Just need to put some trim like I have on the ammo displays around the main board.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here's what I ended up doing for the stacking of the boxes though. Just need to put some trim like I have on the ammo displays around the main board.

[/QUOTE]

That turned out awesome man! I love the cigar bands placed along the top!
... May have to steal that idea for the top of the outdoor smoke table im currently brainstorming!

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

That turned out awesome man! I love the cigar bands placed along the top!
... May have to steal that idea for the top of the outdoor smoke table im currently brainstorming![/QUOTE]

Go for it!