What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sealed transfers ftw!
As close as its going to get for me! I added the starter in the kettle and put the lid on so much better than before. I have to thank all the people with their oxidation paranoia right now lol. They've come up with some real practical process adjustments for knocking down cold side oxidation. Made the light bulb go off that it could be used in other ways.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I picked up a couple of the large Speidel fermenters for my 10 gallon batches. It leaves a huge head space to handle the high gravity brews.

I eyeballed those, but the vittle vault is only like $30 shipped from Amazon and I'm a cheap ass. I also worry about fermenting in something with a spigot just due to infection risks or risk of leaking. Am I a little paranoid? Maybe more than I should be? Probably, but I'm also a huge cheap ass and am not afraid to cry over spilled or dumped beer. Lol

Beer

Head Yeast Rancher
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are a little spendy, but I have Amazon Prime, free shipping. I just dumped a sour I spent 15 months making as it turned to vinegar. I may have sobbed a little.

I eyeballed those, but the vittle vault is only like $30 shipped from Amazon and I'm a cheap ass. I also worry about fermenting in something with a spigot just due to infection risks or risk of leaking. Am I a little paranoid? Maybe more than I should be? Probably, but I'm also a huge cheap ass and am not afraid to cry over spilled or dumped beer. Lol

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Kegged up a batch of watermelon berliner yesterday and an IPA today to finish prep for an upcoming Brewfest. It's an event I always look forward to and try to bring some of my best stuff. It also gives me a chance to brew fun stuff we usually don't have on tap. The set line up is oaked chocolate stout, smoked porter, Weizenbock, watermelon berliner, and a citra/simcoe/galaxy IPA. I originally planned on adding jackfruit to the Weizenbock but it came out so well they convinced me to leave it as is. I'm thinking I'll whip up a regular hefe now to give the jackfruit idea a go. Then up next is a key lime gose made with local limes and sea salt. Pretty stoked.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Kegged up a batch of watermelon berliner yesterday and an IPA today to finish prep for an upcoming Brewfest. It's an event I always look forward to and try to bring some of my best stuff. It also gives me a chance to brew fun stuff we usually don't have on tap. The set line up is oaked chocolate stout, smoked porter, Weizenbock, watermelon berliner, and a citra/simcoe/galaxy IPA. I originally planned on adding jackfruit to the Weizenbock but it came out so well they convinced me to leave it as is. I'm thinking I'll whip up a regular hefe now to give the jackfruit idea a go. Then up next is a key lime gose made with local limes and sea salt. Pretty stoked.
Do you have a spare room?!? I don't take up much space... Lol. Those all sound damn good

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They're all really damn good except the stout which I'm on the fence about. I normally use EKG or magnum but decided to try some super galena I was given. Never again. I used under an oz and it's way too assertive IMO. I'm hoping the chocolate and oak smooth it over but it'll be a game time decision with that one. The Weizenbock though, mmmm.