What's new

Homebrewers - Whats Fermenting?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just finished kegging a tropical pale ale: 90% pale malt 10% crystal 60 using cascade, citra, mosaic, and galaxy finished off with giga norcal yeast.

Tomorrow night I'm brewing a belgian dubbel. The yeast starter is about done, i just beed to make some dark candi sugar and i'll be all set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
What are you throwing it in? WLP007 is a versatile strain, a local brewery I know of uses it as their house strain for most of their beers.
Gonna be going in a clone recipe of Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin ale. It's a hoppy pale wheat beer if you've never had it before. I've never tried to brew it before. Will post up some pics when I've got it going.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Six months ago me and five other guys brewed a Flanders red all using the same yeasts and ingredients. Then we put it all in a 30 gal wooden whisky barrel that a local brewery gave us after they didn’t like the results of their aging project. Needless to say it was a risk as we didn’t know WHY they drain poured the beer as we didn’t get to taste it so we were flying blind. What we did know is that the previous beer in there was a part of thei sour aging program. We just met up this past weekend to fill our kegs and sample the beer for the first time. It’s amazing! Just a bit tart not like JesterKing sours whit a hint of whiskey and oak on the finish. Clear copper red color. I will post a picture once it is done carbonating.

The group ended up filling the barrel back up as soon as we drained it with a Saison. And the second barrel we have will age another six months for a grand total of a year in there...it’s filled with a Blonde Ale. I can only hope that the results from barrel #2 are just as good or even better!!

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Brewed up this special bitter this last weekend, currently fermenting. It was a day of firsts. First time doing a full volume mash, no sparge and first time ditching my false bottom and mashing in a bag. Shaved some time off my brew day and made for an easier cleanup. I’ve always hated cleaning grain bits out of my false bottom. Probably gonna be my go to method from now on unless I’m going big. My tun is only 10 gallon after all. Also first time using my new Anvil stainless bucket fermenter, but I already love it.

44FE5268-C9E0-4A88-B159-CFB53758DE2C.jpeg EDD489CF-261C-4EE2-ABD1-7FB8B260DD68.jpeg
7BA13A9E-3BF0-43AB-B48E-D0AF058272F0.jpeg

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nice setup. Do you have an element in the corny keg? If so, what do you use it for?
Sorry, haven't been around lately. Spring has been busy. I use my corny keg for an hlt. Also not pictured is a 240v induction plate and stainless pot I use for decoction mashes.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Electric is so much easier than gas. No fuel to run out of. Much easier to control temps. And lots faster to get to a boil. Plus the added benefit of not burning the shit out of me when I touch the boil kettle.
I just need a 220v extension cord and I will have a fully electric 1bbl system running. It's been a long time coming