What's new

Horrible PSD4 Experience

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i actually had my first one this weekend from may 10 i think. it was really good. def the best young cc i've ever had

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
I have had a number of PSD4s and never "fell in love," despite variety of ages and times of day smoked.

Trini, RASS, and CoRo, while not a love story every time, these cigars spoke to me in ways that the D4 has YET to do!
perhaps if you got it a room and a nice bottle of wine?????????

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I smoked an 07 PSD4 (May IIRC)....that was ridiculously good. I had not had many prior to smoking that one, maybe a handful, but that PSD4 will be the one that I compare all others from here on out....

And I have a few 08's, some 09 Tubos, and now some freshie 2010s to work through...(and a couple more of those 07s w/ the same boxcode that I'll sprinkle in somewhere, so as remind me what they should be like, if some happen to fall short).

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I smoked an 07 PSD4 (May IIRC)....that was ridiculously good. I had not had many prior to smoking that one, maybe a handful, but that PSD4 will be the one that I compare all others from here on out....

And I have a few 08's, some 09 Tubos, and now some freshie 2010s to work through...(and a couple more of those 07s w/ the same boxcode that I'll sprinkle in somewhere, so as remind me what they should be like, if some happen to fall short).
the 08, 09 and 10's are terrible. send them to me.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The first 3 PSD4s I had were ho-hum. Not bad cigars, just not great ones. The 4th one I had was really good, though, as was the 5th. I'll let you know how the 6th one goes some time, lol. All were gifts, etc. so I don't know what vintages most of them were.

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I smoked my first PSD 4 a couple of weeks ago and liked it very much. I have 7 left and hope they don't disappoint.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished one today that acquired as part of a 3 singles I bought at the LCDH in Hamburg that ended up finding their way back home :dunno:. I am not sure of how old it was, but it had to be an older one since it had the 3 dot band that was more common in pre-2010 PSD4 cigars. At any rate, it has been sitting in my humi for about 6 months and I decided to fire it up today.

I was a bit disappointed as the draw was very tight and I did not get the same volume or quality of smoke I recall having when I bought its brothers back in November. It also tunneled a bit and it took about an inch of burn to finally settle down. The taste was ok, but I found it took almost too much work to smoke which took away from really enjoying it.

I still have one left from this batch and I am planning on smoking it later this week, so I guess I will know if the problems were isolated to this one cigar. I also have a full box of 25 that I acquired around the same time from a different source , but these are from 2010 and I want to let them sit a bit longer before I smoke one, however if I have problems with this last single, I may want to try one of the 2010 PSD4 to see if they will better.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have tried to like them but to no avail. The PSD4s just haven't given me the same enjoyment as a coro, RASS, trinidad robusto or a monte edmundo.

I've got a few fivers from different years resting. Will fire them up in a year or two to see if they have changed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a post earlier this week I described some problems with a PSD4 that I had smoked. I smoked that last of that batch yesterday and the results were much different. There was a litte bit of canoeing and there was not as much smoke as I am used to from let's say a Tatuaje or Padron, but the draw was spot on and the taste was amazing. It did not take any work at all to enjoy. My guess is that the canoeing was as a result of the outside humidity and wind and not as a result of a construction problem. I am now looking forward to enjoying the cigars from the box I bought in November of last year (2010 box code). I will probably give them another month or two and then start out with one every other week or so to see how they mature.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that you were pleased with your last cigar Itcal94. I haven't gone wrong with my PSD4s so far ... hopefully don't have to either

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know which box codes those saying the PSD4s are great smokes, but quite a few BOTLs seem to be having the same bad or poor experience with those boxcodes from 2010. Bad year for these?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
In the last few months I've smoked 6 PSD4's. One was a total disaster with no taste whatsoever. One was so tight that I had to punch a screwdriver through it, so I could smoke it. One was so loosely rolled that it was like sucking an empty hose but atleast had some flavour. The remaining three were all near perfect. Good construction, really nice Partagas flavour and progression.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry your experience was so bad, I'm smoking through a box of 08's that have been very good so far. I prefer to smoke them straight of the truck or with a couple of years, they seem to go flat for a while after delivery.

Just my $.02

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
08 partagas #4 I have smoked has been good one but my memories is not what it was lol. I have been of the opinion that it was a great year for them......but if they were not taken care of well perhaps you will find some problems. And if your smoking 2010's heck thats a pretty young cigar to be puffing give them time!