What's new

Hot Chocolate/Cocoa

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ghirarhdelli with 2 or 3 shots of espresso. Never thought to pair with a cigar. Now that sounds like my heaven

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
2 oz of your favorite chocolate bar. crush it. mix with a little hot water to melt it.
6 oz steamed milk

done. delicious.

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I am wondering how tequila would go in a Mexican hot chocolate...
Who likes hot tequila?

Due to my geography, I've got opinions that may vary from those opinions of others, but I'm inclined to keep mi tequila y mi chocolate separado. :smokingme
I'd never want to drink tequila hot (or even warm) but I've used it in cooking, so it's certainly been an added flavor and also been hot. I also don't like my rum hot but, if it's ni a dessert or other dish as an ingredient, it works quite well.

I'll have to try it...
I feel you, as I've grilled with tequila plenty... I expect a full report. ;)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pairing hot cocoa with a cigar is blowing my mind right now. I have tried makinh my own with baking cocolate, sugar, cinnamon and chili powder. Its a myan recipe but chocolate never dossolves completely. :(

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Because of the weather, I'm on my second hot chocolate of the evening.

Well, by "hot" I mean 'iced" and by "chocolate" I mean "Whiskey".

Okay, by "hot chocolate' I mean "Old Fashioned".

Instead of crying "uncle" to old man winter by having a hot drink, I'm saying "eff you, asshole - time for a drink on the rocks!"

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a good recipe. As a wedding gift, one of my relatives got us an assorted gift box of spices, and one of the items was high fat cocoa powder. The hot chocolate recipe from the Cocoa powder is below, but I don't see why this wouldn't work with regular hershey's cocoa powder.

Ingredients:
4c milk
3TB Sugar
2TB Dutch Cocoa
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla

Directions: Heat in heavy saucepan, top with mini marshmallows

For some reason, I never thought to pair hot cocoa with a cigar - soon to be fixed.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Here's a good recipe. As a wedding gift, one of my relatives got us an assorted gift box of spices, and one of the items was high fat cocoa powder. The hot chocolate recipe from the Cocoa powder is below, but I don't see why this wouldn't work with regular hershey's cocoa powder.

Ingredients:
4c milk
3TB Sugar
2TB Dutch Cocoa
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla

Directions: Heat in heavy saucepan, top with mini marshmallows

For some reason, I never thought to pair hot cocoa with a cigar - soon to be fixed.
If you don't have a high-fat cocoa, you could probably just use whole milk or substitute ½ cup of the milk with Half & Half. It sounds really good, though.