What's new

Hot Sauce & BBQue Sauce

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i have a couple of hot sauces that i swear by. my favorite is probably Tabasco. the original.

as far as bbq sauces are concerned, im partial to Sweet Baby Ray's

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
not really...it's pretty quick

I like my own, only because nowhere around where I am now has real sauce. A lot of places get their flavor and heat from pepper oils...which leaves wings real oily, not a real sauce.

My favorite wings of all time is Duff's in Buffalo (anchor bar is the original, Duff's is the best). Now that's a sauce, you pick up the wing and the sauce actually stays on it...not an oil running down your hand

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
For hot sauce I like it hot hot: El Yucateco...you find it in alot of authentic mexican restaurants. It's basically habaneros, water and some spices. You can actually buy it at the Wal-Mart here. I'm not big on vinegar in my hot sauce.

For BBQ: If I'm too lazy to make my own I go with the same one Tripp goes with...Montgomery Inn. It is indeed very very good. But, I like to make my own in the summer from scratch.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Tabasco Habanero is the only hot sauce thats worth a crap. If you want the flavor try Cholula's it has a wooden cap. It's not hot, but has tons of flavor. I put it on just about everthing.

http://www.cholula.com/
I picked some of this up about a month or so ago and man it's good! I put it on all my veggies and some meats. Just packed with flavor! And better than Louisianna Hot Sauce.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I knew tabasco and cholula would be here, but I'm surporised no one said...

Tapatio....

This stuff is my fav by far and I think better than Cholula, which I also like.
BBQ... I buy what ever is on sale and add somekind of hot sauce. Most likely Tapatio