What's new

Household Communication

What type of voice communication do you use?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Until a few months ago my wife and I only had cell phones. We recently added a land line through Time-Warner Cable because it was cheaper that the pieced-together package we were using. The land line is nice, but I wouldn't say it's worth more than $5/month extra.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i've got VOIP for my alarm system pretty much. DSL coming in over my dead land line. Cell for most communications, although I'll pick up the VOIP if I'm at home or plan on calling international.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just the cell right now. I'm in the long process of moving to another state via a different state entirely, so a land line wouldn't make any darn sense at all.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a land line I use because we have a fax machine.

We all use our cell phones to call in and out of the house or were ever we are.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
have a landline but only for internet. dont even have a phone hooked up in the house. i have a cell phone (actually a Trac-fone) keep it in my truck in case of emergencies. other than that, my ol' lady has her cell phone thats surgically attatched to her ear. we use that for everyting else.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
All the above...

-Basic Land line (mainly for faxes and dsl, also for backup purposes, you can't beat a landline for quality and reliability)
-Cel phone (for the obvious)
-Voip (for most of our calls from home to save on cell mins, but not nearly what its cracked up to be. Quality is way below par, it works like a cel phone, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. You get what you pay for...)

Although i am bias, I work for at&t.... I will say they are the #1 telecommunications company(and one of the largest companies in any department in the world) for a reason and just wait, the new fiber optics and tv service that will come in year or so will dominate all options....