What's new

How do you cut your Belicoso/Torpedo?

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
caudio51 said:
I do a straight cut although I have done the angle cut. The angle cut just isn't good for turning the cigars as you smoke.
I agree, but that made me wonder: has anyone ever tried a double angle cut? I.e., you end up with a pointed end like you started with, except that you have removed the wrapper? Enquring minds want to know...

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
caudio51 said:
I do a straight cut although I have done the angle cut. The angle cut just isn't good for turning the cigars as you smoke.

:thumbsup:

I love turning a cigar as I puff on it...rolling it between the fingers is part of the enjoyment for me.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
vperlman said:
I agree, but that made me wonder: has anyone ever tried a double angle cut? I.e., you end up with a pointed end like you started with, except that you have removed the wrapper? Enquring minds want to know...
I never tried it but that seems interesting. Might have to smoke a belicoso tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Started using and angled cut about a month ago. Increases surface area which improves airflow and increases the flavor, IMO.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
how does an angled cut work for you if you tend to rotate your cigar as you smoke? sometimes it would direct the smoke to the roof of your mouth and other times to your tongue...I just cut it straight across. Need to be able to rotate your cigar if it starts to burn wierd...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
If you rotate, the angle cut doesn't work the way it is intended. It is intended to direct the smoke to your tongue...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
AZsteelman said:
how does an angled cut work for you if you tend to rotate your cigar as you smoke? sometimes it would direct the smoke to the roof of your mouth and other times to your tongue...I just cut it straight across. Need to be able to rotate your cigar if it starts to burn wierd...
What's the connection to a wierd burn and rotating the cigar? For correcting with your lighter?

If I need to touch up to correct the burn, I will rotate the cigar, but always end up with the cut area towards the tongue.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have read that you should rotate the slower burning side to the bottom of the cigar as you hold it because this allows for more oxygen to ignite the slow burning part.

It works for the most part.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I have read that you should rotate the slower burning side to the bottom of the cigar as you hold it because this allows for more oxygen to ignite the slow burning part.

what he said

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Wasch_24 said:

I do this all the time. There certainly is truth to that.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm4
OH I KNOW YOU DIDN'T!!!

It's much better than just biting the tip off when you are in a pinch.

I actually just give it a quick straight cut although the next time I will try the 1/4-1/2 angle cut an see how that works.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wasch_24 said:

Makes sense. I do that, just don't think about it. Over the last month have had pretty good luck with good burns and hasn't been an issue with the torps I've been smoking.