What's new

how do YOU handle your cellar?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
off-hand comment about how i compulsively smoke through an entire tin, and the responses i got, set me to thinking; how do you all handle your cellar? how do you treat your tobacco stash? plenty enough threads on coolers, vinos, desktops, spreadsheets, and all the little idiomatic things we do with the cigars we love, but how about the pipe tobaccos? i figured we have enough guys responding on the regular now, maybe start sharing some info on this.

where do you keep it? is it baggies, jars, tins, tupperware, or what? do you have a pile you can easily grab from, is it all out on display, or do you keep it locked down to keep your mitts off it? hell, how deep is your cellar, and how deep are you planning on running it?

as with anything on BotL, sharing is fun, a little bragging never hurts, and pics are ALWAYS welcome! o)

how about it, folks? tell us about your stash!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I personally smoke exclusively tin's but they fit well in the small mason jars. I have about 14-15 jars at this point. I do have another dozen tin's I have to jar this weekend.

I love the jars because I have had problems with my tin's drying out quickly. I also plan on expanding my tobacco collection but I have no idea where I'm going to put it. If it takes over my wife's hobby table I will never be forgiven.

Honestly though pipe tobacco lasts me so much longer. I don't know if I will go to crazy. I still have back I bought when I first started smoking my pipe. I also have never gone through a jar before opened in another. I usually mix it up a lot. That kinda comes from my cigars as well. I smoke a lot of singles.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Any pipe tobacco I buy gets opened & put into a mason jar & labeled with the name & tin date immediately. I store it all on a shelf in my man room in the basement. Just me being my OCD self really, but it does make it easier to manage & store. I just wouldn't feel right having a bunch of open tins laying around for some reason. I wanna see a pic of your stash too, Sean! :)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Great new topic btw, the few tins I have I just leave sealed, I have taken to mason jars after opening them or for bulk but think I need to get some smaller ones cause it would take me forever to get through 4 ounces which is what I normally get into a mid sized jar, loose samples gifted or traded I just leave in baggies stuffed into one large mason jar categorized by types va/vaper/vabur/etc that I'm trying to smoke through before I make any more purchases however that doesn't always work out

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
...that I'm trying to smoke through before I make any more purchases however that doesn't always work out
story of my life, right here! o)

and, yes, kev, there WILL be pix. one, time pressed today due to a nerd game in a couple hours. two, wanted some posts first, rather than post the question, then answer it myself, setting the tone for the entire thread. love your inherent OCD, by the by.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
...that I'm trying to smoke through before I make any more purchases however that doesn't always work out
story of my life, right here! o)

and, yes, kev, there WILL be pix. one, time pressed today due to a nerd game in a couple hours. two, wanted some posts first, rather than post the question, then answer it myself, setting the tone for the entire thread. love your inherent OCD, by the by.
It's worst than I let on, I have big plans for my next place with some built ins and possibly a cabinet humidor to match at the new place just haven't decided yet nor have the time at the moment!

Looking forward to the pictures, and what is this nerd game u speak of?

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I don't really have a cellar yet. Just loose baggies and a few tins. Might have to hit Walmart up and get a few jars. I'll post pics when completed

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ok so I started into pipes and this was my first cellar.

Quickly realized that it was NOT big enough so I went to walmart and bought a medicine cabinet.

Then I had the bright idea of doing a winter pipe baccy and you guys did this to me.

I searched and searched ebay for a hutch to move my cellar into and found this for 100 bucks.

And after I moved into it. I went from this

To this

I dont have any current photos of it but needless to say it has quite a bit more in it.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk