What's new

how do YOU handle your cellar?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

hide in plain sight. a pile if coolers in a basement is no strange sight. especially if you have sold beverages for a decade and pick up a cooler or two a year, right?

the tins (so far)

the pile of samples:

the stuff i'm planning to smoke soon (including jarred, unfinished tins, which kills me):

and the long stash:

left hand side of the second pic are large jars, so assume 6ish oz per.

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

hide in plain sight. a pile if coolers in a basement is no strange sight. especially if you have sold beverages for a decade and pick up a cooler or two a year, right?

the tins (so far)

Geez, dude. You think you've got enough Escudo & OGS? Dayuuuuum. And to think I thought I had a problem! Wowsa! :)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
couldn't start this thread without being willing to share, right? also wanted to count it.

about 60lb, not including the black cooler full of stuff i am still on first tries of. so probably 70?

to reiterate, she don't ask about the tobacco in any form, and i don't ask about the cosmetics, and we put bills first. it works for us. o)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0

what do you think i was doing while i rearranged my stash, yo!

also, i live in very real fear of substantial tax increases. i want to have years' worth to smoke on, so i can just drop coin on only the cigars that really really interest me. a pipe smoke can be an event, but a good cigar SHOULD be an event, if that makes sense.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
damn....

here I was.. sitting on my 3 lbs of pipe baccy.. thinking I had had a really nice stash...

then along come grrrr and junkie... ruining my understanding of what "really nice" was....

I guess Im off to CI to buy some more tins.....

sigh.....

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
damn....

here I was.. sitting on my 3 lbs of pipe baccy.. thinking I had had a really nice stash...

then along come grrrr and junkie... ruining my understanding of what "really nice" was....

I guess Im off to CI to buy some more tins.....

sigh.....
Attention. Attention. mdwest is low on baccy. That is all.

Sorry dave I couldnt resist.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd post a pic but I don't want you guys to get too jealous......

Or the fact that you all have seen a corn cob and less than an oz of nightcap. Hahahahahaha

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've always just used the tupp-a-dor for storage. One little Bodeva pack and leave the tins closed been working great for me for years. No rust or over drying, everything smokes great.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Any pipe tobacco I buy gets opened & put into a mason jar & labeled with the name & tin date immediately. I store it all on a shelf in my man room in the basement. Just me being my OCD self really, but it does make it easier to manage & store. I just wouldn't feel right having a bunch of open tins laying around for some reason. I wanna see a pic of your stash too, Sean! :)

Where do you get those small mason jars from? I see me getting back into pipes now that I've started reading the Pipe Forum. LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk