What's new

How do you transport your pipes?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Got one on smokingpipes.com for $40. Here it is with the pipes I plan on taking with me. I plan on bringing some boswell baccy with me since they're still in their respectable bags.

Now...have any of you taken your cZech tampers on the plane with you too?? Or use something else?? TSA doesn't have anything about them....and I don't want to get the $1.99 tool taken from me. My one jetline lighter has one built in though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Last question for you guys. When traveling by car, I put a little bit of tobacco I want to smoke in sandwich bags. Usually two blends. One for the ride there, another blend for the ride back. I left the unused tobacco in the baggies overnight in my jacket pocket and today they were so crisp the baccy just disintegrated. I ordered the Maxpedition fatty as well as that Etsy pipe pouch. How do you keep your baccy fresh for say 3-4 days to just leave in the fatty?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Last question for you guys. When traveling by car, I put a little bit of tobacco I want to smoke in sandwich bags. Usually two blends. One for the ride there, another blend for the ride back. I left the unused tobacco in the baggies overnight in my jacket pocket and today they were so crisp the baccy just disintegrated. I ordered the Maxpedition fatty as well as that Etsy pipe pouch. How do you keep your baccy fresh for say 3-4 days to just leave in the fatty?
I use 6-mil thickness ziplock bags from Clear(ly?) Bags. They hold the moisture much longer than regular sandwich bags. I barely smoke my pipes in the truck. Usually only if I'm parked somewhere for a while. The tobacco has been in the truck for about two weeks now, and isn't dried out yet.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use 6-mil thickness ziplock bags from Clearly Bags. They hold the moisture much longer than regular sandwich bags. I barely smoke my pipes in the truck. Usually only if I'm parked somewhere for a while. The tobacco has been in the truck for about two weeks now, and isn't dried out yet.
Thanks man, going to order some of these today!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I use 6-mil thickness ziplock bags from Clear(ly?) Bags. They hold the moisture much longer than regular sandwich bags. I barely smoke my pipes in the truck. Usually only if I'm parked somewhere for a while. The tobacco has been in the truck for about two weeks now, and isn't dried out yet.
I ordered some of these off amazon after reading this. These are definitely the perfect baggies.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
This is a good point. The 5x8 looks like it'd be easier to pack a pipe but that's sort of a big bag for my purposes as well.
I fill a third of the bag with tobacco, squeeze out the air, then roll it up into a compact package. They also allow you to put the small P&C or SmokingPipes baggies into it. Also doubles for holding a few cigars with a mini Boveda pack.