What's new

How far do you go in nubbing it?

How far down do you smoke a cigar?

• 'Til all that's left is ash!

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • As far as I can go without burning my fingers or lips.

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • I stop it at about an inch or so, when it starts to get too hot.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Nub it? I work for Cigar Aficionado! I only smoke an inch!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
just the tip..... just to see how it feels.... lol..... no but seriously about 3/4. After that it just seems to be too strong of a after taste lingering in my mouth. is this normal?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry but it does depend on the cigar for me. It depends on how the cigar is performing. I put it down once the smoke gets hot. Most of the times thats at about the 3/4 to 1 inch mark. I have used a spent wooden match to continue smoking a cigar just as long as the smoke hasn't gotten hot. Smoked it till the ashes fell behind my teeth as a buddy of mine says.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I generally stop at about the inch mark or a little sooner. I like it to end before it turns bitter. That being said, there have been a few finger burners that I've experienced, one being the Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva. I think I'm gonna have to steal MattBell's toothpick trick so I can smoke those suckers to nuthin' but ash!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I let the cigar tell me when it's done... every stick is different. Some are done at about an inch, others inch and a half or even two inches. They call me... the cigar whisperer.