What's new

How long for the odor to clear after smoking?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Ok, everybody enjoys a good caper, right?

The Mrs. Is going to see her folks in Taipei for three weeks.

The room I plan to smoke in is in the back of the house :innocent:
and has a slider and traditional window next to where I will be smoking.

Ok, the bad news. The room has a loft and dbl height ceiling.

Questions:

1) How do I position slider and doors to minimize smoke and besides febreeze, how long do I have before I have to stop and smoke AND odor dissipate.

This has to be tried and true; my marriage my depend on it. :)

In all fairness, I don't want the house to smell like a frat party was just help either. :)

Thanks gents.

If anybody asks, I never posted this. :yes:

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Without air scrubbers, I've yet to hear of a method of indoor smoking where a non-smoker couldn't tell.
If your marriage depends on it, you might have to decide which one you want more. :)

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
hmmm, happy marriage or smoke in the house and risk :wifey:? Kinda like a high school kid when their parents go away for the weekend but they want to host a keg party. Feels really good while doing it and the whole getting away with it thing, but when the boss comes home.......

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
If you plan on buying equipment you stand a chance. But if you just want to crack a window, you're SOL. Cigar smoke sticks around for a while. Maybe if you want to scrub the walls afterward or something, but you'd be spending more time cleaning than smoking.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Even if the garage isn't attached, that's the option I'd go with. You can open the door, at least a foot or two, and have a space heater for warmth.

I had a friend with a room dedicated to smoking, even with the good ventilation, you could still tell, but the three of us who lived there all smoked cigarettes and cigars, so it didn't matter. On the plus side you couldn't smell it outside that room.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think about it this way, if you buy the heater and smoke in the garage, you can't get in trouble AND you have the heater forever (forever = until it wears out or you accidentally knock it over and break it) to use in the garage whenever you want and you get to keep your marriage intact versus risking your wife's wrath, the stress of worrying if she can smell the cigar you smoked in the house and all the money you're going to piss away on perfumes like fabreeze.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm assuming that you said your marriage could depend on it in jest... If not, I think the decision is quite simple...

That said, opening a door or window will do you very little good unless you have some crazy form of air circulation going on. Regardless, she'll be able to tell. No matter what you do, she'll be able to tell. They're crazy like that! lol

I'd invest into a space heater or the tank-top heater like Justin said and smoke in the shop. If your wife's anything like mine, she could care less about the shop! I used the tank-top heater last winter when I was smoking in the top of my father-in-law's shop and it worked ok. It wasn't insulated very well and the air circulated from the bottom of the shop up there. But, the smell lingered forever and I was subsequently "banned" from smoking up there again lol! Put one in the shop and I imagine you would be rockin'.

I am also curious to know if the ionizer is effective...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have heard a lot of good things about the smoker candles. They also sell some sprays that are supposed to work well.

http://www.smokercandles.com/

I have never tried them though.

I used to smoke in the upstairs of my house. I had a fan similar to this one in the window.

I then had a heater going on the other side of the room, to try and get some air flow. I also tacked a heavy blanket over the doorway so the smoke couldnt linger out into the rest of the house. It wasnt perfect, but it worked ok. I think a few of those candles would have made a difference.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Get a propane tank and a heater with the dual heads on it(like 15k btus). Aquarich uses one and it heats his 4 car carage in 20 mins. Every now and then open the door full force and the smoke is gone. next day air out the garage and your safe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200546259537&rvr_id=175896103243&crlp=1_263602_304642&UA=WVI8&GUID=894cbdca12c0a0e20313aff3fdfdc03a&itemid=200546259537&ff4=263602_304642
Four car garage :bigeyes: !! Changing his name to Richy Rich!! :eyebrow:
As far as you Jack-o...Well your Greek right? So she's used to a bad smell anyways!! :crosseyed :drool: :tongueout :hysterica

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm also going with the notion that you should just grab a space heater (or 2) and head out to the garage. I know it can get cold up there in Cleveland but if you and your wife have an understanding that you don't smoke cigars in the house then I'd stick to that. Honesty is always the best policy.