What's new

How long to wait?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Good thread guys.

Mike,
As your collection or stash grows it will become easier and easier to let the new arrivals acclimate.

If you are like me and most of the other members here you probably like to learn from experiencing things on your own so I would just smoke one when ever it is convenient. Then, when the stash is larger, you will appreciate what allowing them to acclimate can do for them that much more.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Good thread guys.

Mike,
As your collection or stash grows it will become easier and easier to let the new arrivals acclimate.

If you are like me and most of the other members here you probably like to learn from experiencing things on your own so I would just smoke one when ever it is convenient. Then, when the stash is larger, you will appreciate what allowing them to acclimate can do for them that much more.
Very good advice. I still can't resist a new smoke once in awhile.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great thread!

Here is a couple tips about the sick period. When your collection is smaller it's hard to resist smoking them until they are ready. If you have a box go into a sick period, try taking them out of the box temporarily and placing them in your hummi like singles. They will age faster and the amonia will disipate faster. when they smoke well again put them back in the box. Another tip for aged cigars. If you receive a nicely aged cigar from someone, keep it in a closed zip lock with some cedar strips. I've seen really well aged habanos go flat in a few weeks stored loose in a humidor.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Cohibas and Trinidads don't seem to be that bad newer, I think because of the tobacco fermentation method thats different than other cubans or something?