What's new

How many of you have a S.T. Dupont lighter

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
And what one did you get? I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one and just not sure wht one to get. I would really like the torch but spending a grand on it is tough when I hear it is a Xtend lighter with a fancy case.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
There are st dupont torches for like 150 bux... The Xtend is that much more or less.
I would never ever pay a grand for a lighter.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
And what one did you get? I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one and just not sure wht one to get. I would really like the torch but spending a grand on it is tough when I hear it is a Xtend lighter with a fancy case.
From what I've heard, the xtends/maxijets are great lighters. Xtends/maxijets and minijets are the only torch lighters they are making right now.

At some point, I'd like to have a black laquer and paladium lighter.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've got the S.T. Dupont Gold Plated Line 2 Collection Brushed Design that I got for under $400 and while it's a nice lighter it's not worth the price...no lighter is but I just had to have it. Once I got the LGC Lighter from Atlantic that was like the ST Dupont for $24 there wasn't much of a difference in operation and quality. I use the LGC lighter everyday and I could kick myself for being an idiot and wish I had the money back to buy a box of Cohiba Espys. Live and learn.

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i'm extremely thankful that this dupont was gifted to me but it seriously is one of the worst working lighters i've ever had...the slightest of winds extinguishes the flame and the proprietary fuel cartridges are a joke...i use a $50 porsche designs lighter and love it.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Have a ligne 2 and love it. They're not made for wind. They have a place imo

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Cans of fuel that have the little ring of adapters on it generally have one that you can use to fill a Dupont. Either that or the little brass adapters cost like $10.

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Cans of fuel that have the little ring of adapters on it generally have one that you can use to fill a Dupont. Either that or the little brass adapters cost like $10.
yeah I got one of those brass adapters but when I leave town it's one more thing to get lost that I have to bring along.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have an Xtend. I was lucky enough to win it. It is a really great little lighter and I love it, but I fail to see what about it is worth $140 other than perhaps the name on it.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I use a POS $5 cheapie that works just fine (even in the wind). Save your money and buy cigars.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have the x-tend lighter. It isn't bad but now I use a Ronson. It's easier to deal with. No...I wouldn't spend 1k on a lighter.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an X-tend that I got on sale from Mike's for about $100. It is probably the best lighter I own. Lights the first time, every time, uses standard butane without an adapter, has great capacity despite the slim profile, and looks good. :applause:

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Gilt has a few S.T. Dupont lighters on sale

Here is a thread I started

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=40763"]S.T. Dupont and Cigar Style on Sale - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

If you are not a member of gilt here is an invite link. http://www.gilt.com/invite/aldene

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have a windowpane ST Dupont Gatsby in silver...

I love the lighter, but only take it out on special occasions. I also took the risk and bought an adapter from ebay and have been filling it with VECTOR fuel for the last year and half. Works great, no problems at all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Prometheus that I love, the Duponts are great but I would lose the damn thing knowing me,

I really like the soft flame though

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
It is probably the best lighter I own. Lights the first time, every time, uses standard butane without an adapter, has great capacity despite the slim profile, and looks good. :applause:
Ditto. Every previous lighter I owned broke that I would not recommend any other lighter than the X-tend.