What's new

How many unopened or full boxes of cigars are you currently storing?

How many unopened full boxes of cigars are you currently storing?

Votes: 93 36.0%

Votes: 21 8.1%

Votes: 23 8.9%

Votes: 17 6.6%

Votes: 19 7.4%

Votes: 9 3.5%

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • More than 6 - See my post

Votes: 73 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Around 35 boxes

Oldest box is a Late 30's Cuban box from Germany during WWII - Seal is broke

Otherwise I would have to say my recent oldest is a box of 2002 8-5-8 SG

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I went with more then 6. I am not really storing anyof them though. It is all just not being able to smoke quite as fast as I buy. Gonna try and slow down on the buying and catch up on the smoking for a bit though.
Posted via Mobile Device

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Unopened maybe 90 opened with 1,2 or 3 missing another 30+ Just guessing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about 15
nothing over 2 years
soon, almost done cleaning out my humi of cigar fest crap and things i'll never buy again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many full boxes but few "unopened" boxes. I date and open nearly every new box to check for beetles. Don't ever think that a beetle can't escape an unopened box. Besides, I prefer to remove the plastic shrink-wrap to allow the contents to breathe while in the humidor.

Dr. Bunkenstein

aka Bunker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still pretty small time at the moment but I am starting to aquire more stuff.

One box of Cubao #4 and Saint Luis Rey Rothchilde on the way.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
2 that I know about, maybe 3. Just to clarify, I have opened them to inspect them but have yet to smoke anything from them. Oldest is a box of MB3's from 2-3 years ago.

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
I went with more then 6. I am not really storing anyof them though. It is all just not being able to smoke quite as fast as I buy. Gonna try and slow down on the buying and catch up on the smoking for a bit though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wilt Chamberlin had more than 6 too....are you kidding me with that pile of malarky.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Wilt Chamberlin had more than 6 too....are you kidding me with that pile of malarky.
Nope no matter how rare, good or young I smoke one within a couple of weeks of it settling down. I have ALOT of almost full boxes but really very few full boxes. There has been so much good stuff coming out lately that I try not to buy multiple boxes of the same stick as well which really helps on the few full.

Posted via Mobile Device

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Nope no matter how rare, good or young I smoke one within a couple of weeks of it settling down. I have ALOT of almost full boxes but really very few full boxes. There has been so much good stuff coming out lately that I try not to buy multiple boxes of the same stick as well which really helps on the few full.

Posted via Mobile Device
Yep. I always open the box except in vary rare circumstances. Love that smell.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any unopened boxes. Actually, I've not bought a box yet. I do have about 150 singles, though. So, if you do the math, that's about 6 boxes worth of sticks. :D

The distribution on this poll is interesting. Most fall either in the 0 column or in the 6+ column.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'm a college kid, just starting, so I don't have the cash for a box of anything right now. But that will change. =) Hopefully sooner than not.

I hear you, David! I have to get out of that mentality of trying to keep up with some people on here. I am finally buying my first box, which is only possible due to a significant discount due to a specific event and I am STILL splitting it with a BOTL!

That said, it's all about quality, not quantity. Hence, the first box is going to be Tatuaje Petit Cazzy Reservas!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:grinFU:

Another cost-saving device has been keeping a locker at my B&M. I don't have to spring for a humi, pay their ultra-high mark up (ritzy area) and I can bring my own sticks to the locker and smoke them. :tiphat:

Finally, the biggest thing that has enabled me to enjoy smoking is trading, bombing, and getting bombed. You won't find more generous people in either deed or spirit than you will on here. :smokingbo

Last edited: