What's new

How much does/has the band of a cigar influence(d) you perception of it?

How does the band of a cigar affect your perception of it?

• always influences perception of a cigar

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • sometimes influences perception of a cigar

Votes: 47 38.2%
  • never influences perception of a cigar

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • in the past it always influenced perception of a cigar

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • in the past it sometimes influenced perception of a cigar

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • has never influenced perception of a cigar

Votes: 17 13.8%

• Total voters

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I always would pick the coolest looking ones from the local shop. Once you smoke a few you will learn that it will have nothing to do with the band.

But I would say the band does have an affect on what one you get for sure. Even if you do not think so.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I always would pick the coolest looking ones from the local shop. Once you smoke a few you will learn that it will have nothing to do with the band.

But I would say the band does have an affect on what one you get for sure. Even if you do not think so.
I agree, certain cigars deserve and live up to their gawdy bands.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Bands are there to influence the shopper... and I am sure we all fell victim to the cool looking bands at first when testing the waters... but it has already been said... the best bands let the cigar do the talking.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
When I first started smoking cigars the band did have an influence on me. Something like an Ashton ESG jumps out at you. My thinking was that the cigars with most decorative band were the better cigars hence the extra attention to the detailed band. However, after learning about cigars more some of the best cigars have pretty plain bands ei. Cohiba, Padron, RyJ's, and Montecristo.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I absolutely love cigar bands. Though the bands themselves have no bearing if I buy a cigar or not. I buy cigars usually based off of reviews from you guys or from the websites selling the stogies.
I'm with you on this one.

If I do see a new flashy band I try to remember the name and look it up when I get home...check out what I can like who is behind the name and who's hand is in the blend...things like that.

One of my favorite labels ever made has to be the plain brown label like the Montecristo, Tatuaje Brown, Padron, RG....you get the point. It's a simple, classic label that usually ends up on a really good cigar. The cigar ends up selling the cigar not the label.