What's new

How Much Money on Groceries?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Lets see, I pay $70-$80 per week for groceries and rarely eat out. That amount is just for me and it's mostly healthy food with basically no sweets, etc. I'm just seeing if that is in the norm for all you guys or not? :dunno: I'm pretty price conscious and I hate to see prices creep up, even at the place with the lowest prices :disappoin

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Its hard for me to put a number on mine. I dropped a lot of money at costco yesterday but that god me tons of chicken breasts, toilet paper for a year, lol and what not. I would think that I spend a little less than that a week on groceries for my self but some weeks it might be a little more. 70 is about average i guess.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
We have five kids, ages 20-10. Now our oldest Amie is out of the house as she bought her own place, but back in the day it'd be nothing to spend $250 a week on groceries. Hell with twin boys and another just a few years younger, we would go through 10 gallons of milk a week!

Now the oldest boys are 18, the next is 15 and Sara is 10 so with the older ones gone so much, we don't go through nearly as much food. Whew!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We go through about the same dollar amount for two of us, eating plenty of healthy food. Large batches and leftovers are our good friends.

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We have five kids, ages 20-10. Now our oldest Amie is out of the house as she bought her own place, but back in the day it'd be nothing to spend $250 a week on groceries. Hell with twin boys and another just a few years younger, we would go through 10 gallons of milk a week!

Now the oldest boys are 18, the next is 15 and Sara is 10 so with the older ones gone so much, we don't go through nearly as much food. Whew!
And with milk nearing $5 a gallon here, its rediculous, God bless the commisary....

drew

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have no clue my wife buys them all. From what I can see by the receipts, she spends averages 40 a week for the 2 of us. That is mostly on Fruits, veggies and seafood. She always has a larger dollar amount in saving since she has more coupons then the stores. She is great with saving money using coupons and sales. I have seen her getting money back from the stores because of the savings.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0

Five Kids how much money do have for cigars? Ha Ha

Well its me my wife and 2 kids, so igf I do peapod it runs us about 80-90 a week, if I go to the store I can't get out of there for 120 a week.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
We budget $150 a week on groceries. That includes food, cleaning supplies, baby stuff, and animal food.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ya'll are making me feel bad, seems I eat more then you guys :rofl: But, mine lasts me for about a week and that includes lunches, etc. without eating out. I usually cook 1 or 2 big meals and just eat off of them the rest of the week.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My wife buys all the groceries so I'm not sure how much. If I had to guess, she probably spends between $200 - $300 every other week. On top of that we will eat out two or three times during that same period.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
$30 or less a week and I always have food left over. I eat maybe 3 meals a week at the campus dining hall, too.
And I'm always getting free food. My little brother grew a lot of sweet corn this year, so I have like 30 of those, and I've also got a bunch of elk steaks. I really like fishing, and it's not uncommon for me to catch my dinner for 2-4 nights out of the week.

TYLER

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
too damn much...

most likely around 50 bucks, but we have lunch bought for us twice a week, so that keeps the cost down a little bit..

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I have no idea. We went to Costco yesterday for TP and mouthwash and spent just south of a buck thirty. The wife does do a tremendous job with the coupons. Like Derek's wife, I have seen her come out with a couple of bags and a couple of dollars more than she went in with.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
About $1200-1500 a month, 4 kids, 16 yo boy who is always eating and 3 girls 10,4,1. The wife and I alternate eating every other day and both on Sunday damn I love Sunday's.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My son can eat his weight in meat weekly and at 6'2" 220lbs and still growing we let him:eyepoke: My girls may be small but they too can put some groceries away. We are also the neighborhood hangout, I've come home to see 10-20 kids (no joke) playing X-box in my family room none of them mine. I may have 2-3 extras for dinner any given night, this is the responsibilty I accepted when I built my house on a corner lot.

That includes toohpaste, deoderant, laundry detergent (a lot of this one, even little girls change clothes three time a day) and other health and beauty crap. I also take Big Mama out to a nice dinner once a month but that is not included in the total.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
$130 / 2 weeks if I shop, $100 / 1 week if the Mrs. does the shopping.

I buy mostly dinner dishes, bulk lunch, and breakfast stuff while my wife buys dinner/lunch/snacks/breakfast stuff.

I think I am more "prepare & cook what you by" stuff, but she buys meals in a box type stuff.