What's new

How Much Money on Groceries?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We both work crazy hours, so we go out for lunch, and we tend to stop for take out most nights. Groceries are so expensive that I don't think it makes much difference, unless you're eating somewhere fancy all the time. About once a month we'll make a trip to the grocery store for TP, cookies, etc. The only time we cook consistently is Sunday morning, when I make breakfast.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm afraid to tally it up...

We shop weekly to the tune of approximately $100...and that's at the commissary. Then there are odd trips to a nearby grocery for other odds and ends...the butcher...the international market on occasion...etc. Today found us at the spice & tea store.

And it's just the two of us.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
GF and I go though about 100 to 150 a month. and that doesnt count our trip to Sams where we get our meat once every third month or so. that runs us around 150 for that trip.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I'm afraid to tally it up...

We shop weekly to the tune of approximately $100...and that's at the commissary. Then there are odd trips to a nearby grocery for other odds and ends...the butcher...the international market on occasion...etc. Today found us at the spice & tea store.

And it's just the two of us.
That happens alot with us as well, I will spend 100-120 at the grocery store and go back to the fish market and butcher to get fresh meat for the week and then the bill goes way up .

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Now I only buy meat that's on sale. Got some great deals on chicken a NY Strips a couple weeks ago.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'd say we spend 120-150 per week.
But I am old school and took a page from grandma,
If I like it I buy 2 and if its on sale I buy more if I like it,and keep it stored for hard times..:crackwhip I bet I can feed my family of 5 for at least a month or more on just the items I have shelved(veggies,soups, sauces,and of course spaghettio's) If I had to go without buying.:bigeyes:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I average about 250 a week. I have 4 boys ages 18,17,16 and 12 and they tend to bring alot of their friends over who also raid the fridge.

Zig

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I don't have a clue, but the wife and I budget (whatever that means) on $700 a month. This includes going out and all that. I think we over estimate, but I've never done the math.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I spend about 150 a month before figuring in eating out during the weekends.

If you add that in I'm probably around 250, maybe less.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Typically it's about $100-125 a week on groceries...lots of fresh fruits and veggies makes it add up quick. And then there's the usual one or two trips back to the crocery during the week at about $20 a pop. And then there's the trips to the liquor store about every other week for 'bout $50 worth, and yes, liquor is food.

Then add in at least one meal out a week...although i'm always dissappointed as my food is way better.

I'd say we're up to about $600 a month when all is said and done.

We also go to the restaruant depot for all our meats about every other month. so theres another $300-400 every 2 months.

Family of 3 plus a dog and the damn cat.

Summer is nice cause the old man grows a big garden with fresh veggies and i go steal it at night when he's asleep. He keeps blaming the rabbits.