What's new

How picky of a smoker are you?

How picky are you when it comes to cigars?

• Very picky

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Somewhat picky

Votes: 72 50.3%
  • Not very picky at all

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I'll smoke just about any cigar

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Very picky. I will toss a cigar at the drop of a hat. Life is too short to smoke mediocre to bad cigars.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Every cigar I smoke gets three chances before I decide it's something I won't smoke again.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Every cigar I smoke gets three chances before I decide it's something I won't smoke again.
Yeah I'd say that's fair. Usually if the first two are just bad I won't go back but some are so bad/offputting that I can't even force myself to go back.

Edit: Hey look at that, my 500th post. Sweet.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If a cigar has too tough of a draw, I'll toss it right away. If it tastes nasty at first, I'll usually give it the first third before tossing it. If I smoke a second one & it still tastes nasty I'll usually toss it right away, then wait a LONG time before trying another.

"Somewhat picky" I guess.

:grin:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still new so fall into the not too picky category. Its rare for me to toss a cigar early on, I'll usually try to stick with it. Sometimes they improve after a bit. Its also because I limit myself to a one cigar per day. So If I chose a bad one and then toss it that means I'm done for the day. I have a no mulligan policy.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I can be pretty picky, especially when you look in my humidor. I pretty much only buy Nicaraguan tobacco, but I like some AF here and there. I do like trying new cigars but like going back to old favorites because I know what I'm getting into.

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im pretty picky because i dont really have alot of extra time to smoke anymore with the kids and job! So if im going to spend time alone outside on the porch, when could be getting some poon! the cigar better be dam good!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Very picky. I will toss a cigar at the drop of a hat. Life is too short to smoke mediocre to bad cigars.
That sums it up for me. I've tossed cigars after a few puffs, immediately realizing that particular smoke just wasn't for me. You only live once. Move on to something better.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for not very picky. I won't smoke anything but I will give most a fair shot. Also, I enjoy cigars for the relaxation aspect so I don't usually devote so much attention to picking out the 'hint of elderberry' or the 'subtle mocha undertone' - too much like work. I generally use my simple rating system of Excellent, Good, So-So or Crap.

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm somewhat picky. I'll try almost anything once, but I'm not quick to give a bad cigar another chance. The way I see it, there's too many other cigars to try to keep trying to make myself like one in particular, just because it's popular. On the flipside, when I find one I like, I load up on them and smoke mainly that brand for a while, until the next one blows my mind.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I have cigar ADD. I won't hesitate one second if I don't like a cigar or if acigar has become boring. Guys at the local shop kid me all the time about it.

Doesn't matter if it's expensive, or even one of my favorites, if it's chitty...pitch it.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I picked "Somewhat Picky". I'll try anything twice, but if I don't love it I won't buy any more. Too many new cigars I want to try. Too many old favorites I want to smoke again.

I'm also very unlikely to pitch a cigar in the middle. I feel I really don't know a cigar until I've smoked two of them start to finish.

-Charles

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I gotta say somewhat picky. I will pitch a cigar, but it has to be a pretty serious offense. I'll generally give a cigar more than one chance before deciding it's a rocket. All this being said, I'm pretty open to many different types of sticks. I like mild, medium, and full cigars, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Some days Oliva V is a great choice....other days it tastes like crap. There is a certain smoke that I get for less than two bucks apiece, that I don't like that much sometimes.....other times it's the right smoke. Just sayin'....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I voted "not very picky" because I try a lot of different cigars. That being said, I generally don't purchase too many house brands or budget cigars from online retailers - I'd smoke them, but I have plenty of other choices.

I'll give just about anything a chance. Additionally, I've not had too many cigars that I wouldn't try again.