What's new

How to become a republican...

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
We've had people writing political satire for 200+ years. In some ways this is funny, but mostly it's the same old boring crap ... from both sides. I just wish we had other viable parties in this country because I'm getting tired of always voting for "the lesser of two evils".

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would like to qualify my response to the original post here. First off, I am not in the least insulted/upset/aghast/whatever about it. Not in the least... I just didn't find it to be very humorous, as all these things have been done often enough. But if you were to do a comparison between the original and my response there are noticeable differences. My reply shows a point/moral while at the same time offering no insult or belittlement of the opposing side.

With this comment, Squid now departs from the political discussion arena, hopefully never to return to it in BoTL. I'd rather reserve my time in this place to bombing the crap out of unsuspecting victims with some of my art-work, whether they like it or not... <G>

Thanks.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I would like to qualify my response to the original post here. First off, I am not in the least insulted/upset/aghast/whatever about it. Not in the least... I just didn't find it to be very humorous, as all these things have been done often enough. But if you were to do a comparison between the original and my response there are noticeable differences. My reply shows a point/moral while at the same time offering no insult or belittlement of the opposing side.

With this comment, Squid now departs from the political discussion arena, hopefully never to return to it in BoTL. I'd rather reserve my time in this place to bombing the crap out of unsuspecting victims with some of my art-work, whether they like it or not... <G>

Thanks.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sorry folks, really doesn't have anything to do with being touchy about my political affiliation. I just don't find it funny, just as I wouldn't if it were about Democrats. It's just way too over the top for me. :dunno:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm a Republican, and I thought it was funny.

I particularly liked the part where Jesus was nailed to the cross and saying, "Hey, ya jerks! I'm dying for your sins here! The least you could do is put a bumper sticker on your car!"

:rolling:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My only comment is how fucking ignorant liberals are when they use the "cowboy" comment in a derogotory manner.
True cowboys are by nature and creed, honest, hard working, dedicated, soft spoken, and many other admirable traits.
I really wish that use of the word would go away!!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Jon:

Surely you don't believe that this was meant to be taken literally (or seriously)? I more liberal than not and don't believe these characterizations to be more than poking fun at the "opposition". I see humor in this just as I did in Sheep's post. Fact is that the majority of Americans fall somewhere in the middle (as it should be). That's the unique and wonderful thing about this Country. We have the right to throw pies in everyone's face! I wouldn't have it any other way.

I would rather there be dialogs via humor than argument. Are there extremists on both sides? Sure! And they are the funniest of them all.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Agreed. I LOVE family guy. Good stuff. Actually, the same people have a newer show called American Dad that is pretty damn funny and spends quite a bit of time poking fun at the Right.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Heh... Under the sea we don't get TV reception very well. I don't have a clue what Family Guy is, except I know it's an animation...

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Jon:

Surely you don't believe that this was meant to be taken literally (or seriously)? I more liberal than not and don't believe these characterizations to be more than poking fun at the "opposition". I see humor in this just as I did in Sheep's post. Fact is that the majority of Americans fall somewhere in the middle (as it should be). That's the unique and wonderful thing about this Country. We have the right to throw pies in everyone's face! I wouldn't have it any other way.

I would rather there be dialogs via humor than argument. Are there extremists on both sides? Sure! And they are the funniest of them all.
The vast majority of Americans are centrists or either slightly left or right, but that "joke" was an attack on conservatives probably created by some far left group (I can't even load the webpage anymore to see who created it). It was not funny. John Stewart and Steven Colbert make fun of conservatives without being nasty...they are funny.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I particularly liked the part where Jesus was nailed to the cross and saying, "Hey, ya jerks! I'm dying for your sins here! The least you could do is put a bumper sticker on your car!"
I am as Republican as they come... humerous sure whatever, i will watch some of it, but this... What the quote above is referring too, not funny...

Make fun of religous people fine, but last time I checked that is what our Country was founded on...

Alright I am done, no comments directly at you Duane just the comment in the clip... I am not starting a religion/political arguement.. Carry on