What's new

How to choose a good cigar

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Personally, I come from a long line of Kentucky hillbillies and Florida crackers. And damn proud of it....and I don't really own any leather bound books.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never actually seen a real leather bound book. But I'm sure the feel would go well with a leather cigar.

I own hundreds upon hundreds of regular books. I like the premium paperback over hardcover and regular paperback.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually read a book about cigars once, some sort of cigar primer, they had a wheel at the end that defined the primary brands and flavors and strengths associated with it. Unfortunately, while it taught me history... It didn't really improve my cigar experience.

In the end, the best choice is just to try different things and ignore all these charts and things that think they know what's best for you.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My apartment smells of rich mohagany
Who are you kidding? You live in Philly, it smells of cheese steaks and the dried tears of Eagles Fans. :rofl:
Mmmmmm cheese steaks....
We have a place down here in Lakeland called Palace Pizza. The owners are from Philly. They dumb down their "steak and cheese" sandwiches for the locals, but if you walk in and order a "Cheese Steak" you get the real deal. God, the only thing I really miss about living in south Jersey is the food... Sigh

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have to agree with SpartanFan... you guys are very uncultured and not very representative of the crowd that typically enjoys cigars. :eyebrow:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I have to agree with SpartanFan... you guys are very uncultured and not very representative of the crowd that typically enjoys cigars. :eyebrow:
and?

this may not be typical of a particular cigar community that some wish associate with....

but it seems to attract plenty of notables from the industry.. to include senior leaders at several different "cigar" companies...

and with a membership the size of BOTL's.. I would say "who cares" if this community is representative of the "typical" crowd... it obviously attracts plenty of people that CHOOSE to be part of it...

if we as a group are not the type of people that Spartan wishes to associate with... or finds the group "uncultured"... cool... as one of my favorite former members once told me "no skin off my sack"... :)

my question then becomes.. why return? why not find somewhere else that you think might be a better fit?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
and?

this may not be typical of a particular cigar community that you enjoy to associate with....

but it seems to attract plenty of notables from the industry.. to include senior leaders at several different "cigar" companies...

and with a membership the size of BOTL's.. I would say "who cares" if this community is representative of the "typical" crowd... it obviously attracts plenty of people that CHOOSE to be part of it...

if we as a group are not the type of people that you or Spartan wish to associate with... or you find the group "uncultured"... cool... as one of my favorite former members once told me "no skin off my sack"... :)

my question to you then becomes.. why return? why not find somewhere else that you think might be a better fit?

Ppssst Dave he was being sarcastic. He was herfing with us on Sunday in Orlando. haha