What's new

How to Dispose of Ashes?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I picked up the ammo can below as a place to dump my ashtrays out for periodic garbage runs. I generally smoke a ways away from the garbage can when I'm outside, so now I'll dump the ashes into this and then just empty this every month or two.

Struck me as a neat idea and figured I'd share:

While the risk of ashes starting a fire is low, keeping them in here negates that risk, and keeps them outside (this is going next to my courtyard) so I don't have to worry about ash smell in any of the house garbage cans.

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Since i live in an apartment I usually dump my ash and butts in an ashtray that I keep outside. Then when I usually do my trash dump I put them in a plastic bag and toss it.

I do like the ammo can idea though. I may have to burn some ammo at the range and free up one of my cans for this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butts go in the bucket, ashes get tossed into the wind like Donnie in The Big Lebowski.
Have to watch the wind with that technique! As we learned by watching The Big Lebowski...:hysterica

Lacking a garden to compost the butts, they go in the trash, ash goes down the drain.

The ammo can is a neat idea for the balcony though...

PSI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bands in the trash. The rest is plant material. Field strip the butt and return it from whence it came.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Get an urn and place it on the mantle. When you have ashes, open it up and dump them in. When you have guests over and they ask what the hell you are doing, just say "I don't want to talk about it!" in a stern voice.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Get an urn and place it on the mantle. When you have ashes, open it up and dump them in. When you have guests over and they ask what the hell you are doing, just say "I don't want to talk about it!" in a stern voice.
rotfl. Watch out for the cat from Meet the Fockers.