What's new

Humi in Carry-On

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hey guys

Rather than leaving my sticks unattended for an entire month for winter break, I'm considering putting most of them in a tupperdor and putting it in my carry-on (The only luggage I'm taking home). Has anybody ever had any issues with taking that many cigars in a carry-on, and more importantly... was there any problems with the HeartFelt Beads?

Since they're not a liquid, I can't imagine there being a problem. But, since they have some liquid absorbed in them... and I doubt the TSA often sees beads... i'm curious.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
No problems, do it.

Just make sure the cigars are snug inside so they don't move around and get damaged.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I've done it many many time. They might want to look at the beads to figure out wtf they are (I've had that done at least 3 times) and the cigars were run through for extra security, so they could figure out the beads. When they figured it out, it was never a problem.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've done it many many time. They might want to look at the beads to figure out wtf they are (I've had that done at least 3 times) and the cigars were run through for extra security, so they could figure out the beads. When they figured it out, it was never a problem.
Good to know, thanks.

how many cigars do you have?
A little under 100 I would say.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've done this a few times. I haven't had an issue with beads, personally I take them out of the humidor, place them in their own bag so if the TSA does have an issue, it doesn't involve opening the humidor.

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I am not sure why you would have to take these with you unless temperature is also an issue. If you charge your beads before you leave and seal them up in a Tupperware container they should be fine for 30 days and you avoid the possibility of damage to your sticks on the flight out and back. But if you must take them with you I would suggest getting some 5 finger bags to put them in to minimize any chance of damage to your stash.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I am not sure why you would have to take these with you unless temperature is also an issue. If you charge your beads before you leave and seal them up in a Tupperware container they should be fine for 30 days and you avoid the possibility of damage to your sticks on the flight out and back. But if you must take them with you I would suggest getting some 5 finger bags to put them in to minimize any chance of damage to your stash.
Ouch, good luck. My beads never lasted 30 days without a recharge.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The temperature and humidity of my apartment varies too much at my apartment. If it was closer to 3 weeks, I would probably be able to make it work. But I will be gone for 5.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

The 5-finger bag suggestion is a good one...LMK if you need any:thumbsup:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
the kid is going home for christmas, I'd be taking my smokes with me too!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
the kid is going home for christmas, I'd be taking my smokes with me too!
Agreed. I've done the exact same thing-flew to the house for the holiday, and took a carryon that was literally a suitcase, filled with a tuperdor. They might look at you a little funny, but it's nothing that will get confiscated.