What's new

Humidor Location?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Just curious...where is your humidor kept? i.e what room

Before we moved my Aristocrat Mini, that I was generously bombed with from many brothers here, was in the basement next to the bookcase my pipes were displayed on. It was a finished basement and our HT was down there. The lower temps in the summer made it an ideal place for the humidor.

Since moving we no longer have a finished basement and there is no way this beaut is going down there. It also didn't make sense in any other room so it is in the kitchen next to the liquor cabinet and a baker's rack.

So far this winter the average temp here in the kitchen is around 63 degrees. Hopefully it won't get much higher then 70 in the summer but we'll see.

Anyway, where in your home is your humidor/cigar storage device?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I keep my humi in the office on one of the shelves of one of our book cases.

It's kind of a nice set up, the shelf is just big enought to open the box completely without moving it or taking it off the shelf, giving me full access to the smokes inside.

I also have a small "lock-tite" airproof tupper-dor which carries a little overflow on my desk in the office, right next to my travel humis which carry my cutters and lighters when I'm at home.

oh...and I can;t forget the new wine cooler we just got (which is currently being seasoned and balanced to be partially used for aging) which is resting in the corner of our dining room.

wow...I didn't even own a humidor a year ago...what the hell happened?:dunno: :peace:

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
3 of the desktop humi's r in the living room (out of the sunlight) on a Bookcase. Temp in the house is never above 68-70, Humi's hold at or about 65 68 and 69...
Coolidor is down in the basement on a bookcase, temp is 56 and Coolidor stays at 68-70......
I have a small Humi 7-10 sticks in the office at work in a bookcase, it holds at about 68-70, (that is the one that gives me fits) the office is up stairs in a three story building. The Dispatch Office is always warm, Winter or Summer....

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The temps here are pretty standard all year around but can fluctuate in the summer. I keep the cooledor in a dark closet under the stairs where the temp is most stable. A 300 count desk top is in the family room and another one in my office at work. I often wonder about you guys in the cold areas and Randy in AZ. His solution was the temp controlled Aristocrat. Without that, its got to be tough.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The temps here are pretty standard all year around but can fluctuate in the summer. I keep the cooledor in a dark closet under the stairs where the temp is most stable. A 300 count desk top is in the family room and another one in my office at work. I often wonder about you guys in the cold areas and Randy in AZ. His solution was the temp controlled Avallo. Without that, its got to be tough.
I think he got an Aristocrat Chuck.

Yeah, it is hard here in the colder states...to keep a regular temp. The temperature fluctuates wildly all year and even day to day. When it's cold..really cold...it's hard to keep the heat at a minimum without freezing your ass off. When it's hot as hell out you don't want to blast the air conditioning because of the electric bill. As far as I'm concerned a temp controlled humidor is the way to go for just about everyone. Glad to hear you've got a great climate there though Chuck.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I have my Mannasas in my basement. It has a seperate zone, so I can control the heat and keep them cooler than the rest of the house, and it's cool in the summer. I don't have central air in the basement, but if I leave the door open to the basement, cool air flows down from the kitchen if I feel I need to get some cool air down there, not often though.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I keep the cabinet (cooled) in my office with the moochador (200 count) on top of that. No problem year round with the cab, the moochador requires twice as much DW on the beads in the summer as winter and I move it to my desk for better temp control as it is directly under a air duct and fan.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The cooler is in the bedroom. And yes I worry about the temps in the summer but can't do much about it.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
In the Basement, on the glass coffee table, in front of the entertainment center with the 36" TV....More consistant temp and less frequent humidity change.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i used to keep two of my desktop humis on my bedroom dresser. and had two cooledors in the den closet. during this last summer, i had to install a room a/c in my den because it got way too hot for an extensive period! i took the humi's out of the bedroom and put them int the den on a bookshelf.

i used to think the cooledors were the 'bomb!' that was, until i found this site! now, i'm seriously considering converting the den closet. ya'll with your baseboard heaters, and gallon reserves, and automatically-controlled environments, well, sheeez, i don't know noth'n!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have my Mannasas in my basement. It has a seperate zone, so I can control the heat and keep them cooler than the rest of the house, and it's cool in the summer. I don't have central air in the basement, but if I leave the door open to the basement, cool air flows down from the kitchen if I feel I need to get some cool air down there, not often though.
Same humidor and mine is in the basement also. It stays pretty cool all year round down there.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My wine cooler used to sit in my office so I could monitor it...the Beast sits in my family room right next to the television...I like to look at it!