What's new

Humidor Pics! Lets see em!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just switched from a wine fridge to this. The fridge almost never comes on, and this way I can display them in the new house. I got this from a buddy as a gift. Looks like it holds the RH well and has been seasoning for the past 2.5 weeks. I made the switch and 3 hours later, the humidity is holding well at 64% and the Hydra hasn't come on yet. I'll be looking for a couple lbs of heartfelt beads in the near future. But for now a lb of kitty litter and the hydra, a couple out fans and it seesm to be money. Oh yeah, and the lid opens to a tray that could hold several hundred on it's own, so I have a bunch of work to do filling it up. This baby is way bigger and all the boxes shown are on the front half of the shelf, so it displays well.

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Tx, I'm keeping the wine fridge for now, just in case it doesn't hold, but I'm thinking I'm good to go for a while.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
It looks like it been there forever and suits you being a box guy. I think it blends in a way that is not obtrusive but sticks out in terms of its quality. I like it.

A+

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that is nice. I am in the market for some larger accommodations as I have outgrown my 5 humidors and my tuppedor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Dude....that is one suh-weet cabinet. Myself, I'm looking for an antique ice box to convert. When I find the right one, y'all will know.

Cattani

RP Fanboy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pics of what I have:

RP Humidor picked up for $20 on MMAO from CI (20 ct)

Inside of RP Humi

Desktop Humi I stole from my dad.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple of mine, one empty, and one showing partially stocked... note both are old pics and unfortunately since then I've already ran out of room. :crying: Also that POS Moistnaire stayed in there for about a week before it was replaced. LOL.

More pics of the buildout of the cabinet in the link contained in my sig.

Last edited:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
That Cabinet looks great, I would like to build one eventually (or do a retro-fit like yours) and I have 2 things I was wondering about yours.
First, how well does that glass hold humidity?
The other thing is, most people make the cedar more of a floating box on the inside instead of glueing the cedar, (this prevents cracking, warping etc. due to different expansions in the wood types) how has yours held up glued like that?
Looks great, good luck with it!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Glass holds humidity perfectly, it's the gaps between the glass and the next surface you have to worry about..:eyepoke:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Glass holds humidity perfectly, it's the gaps between the glass and the next surface you have to worry about..:eyepoke:
Actually, I was referring to the gap in between the 2 pieces of glass (due to the sliding glass configuration). I understand perfectly well that glass is an excellent humidification barrier when properly sealed though :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The first photo is my Hospital for a load of nc's that came with the cabinet that I have now refurbed.

The cabinet now has beads, fans and some LED lighting for the display shelf.

After seeing some of the projects on here I'm now looking for a display cupboard to convert. Just need to convince SWMBO that its the right thing to do !

Attachments

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
The first photo is my Hospital for a load of nc's that came with the cabinet that I have now refurbed.

After seeing some of the projects on here I'm now looking for a display cupboard to convert. Just need to convince SWMBO that its the right thing to do !
That's quite a nice presentation brutha! :thumbsup:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Here's a couple of mine, one empty, and one showing partially stocked... note both are old pics and unfortunately since then I've already ran out of room. :crying: Also that POS Moistnaire stayed in there for about a week before it was replaced. LOL.

More pics of the buildout of the cabinet in the link contained in my sig.

:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:
*drool*

That's all I have to say about that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love the presentation. Well done man !