What's new

Humidor Pics! Lets see em!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love going through these threads, great collections everyone!! I will have to snap a few updated pics of my humidors when I get home.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pics of the humidors and a couple of the rest of the smoking room for good measure:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Thanks!! it took a long time with a smoke in one hand and a glue stick in the other lol

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
The first photo is my Hospital for a load of nc's that came with the cabinet that I have now refurbed.

The cabinet now has beads, fans and some LED lighting for the display shelf.

After seeing some of the projects on here I'm now looking for a display cupboard to convert. Just need to convince SWMBO that its the right thing to do !

wow, that 3rd photo is SICK! that is where I want to be.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a great smoking room, Eber! Looks like a very cool place to kick back and relax.

Here are pictures of my humidor and lounge I'm in the process of building in my apartment. I'll post more pictures when it is completed.

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Kilo, a mighty fine room you have as well, cant wait to see it when it is finished.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Cabinet looks great, I would like to build one eventually (or do a retro-fit like yours) and I have 2 things I was wondering about yours.
First, how well does that glass hold humidity?
The other thing is, most people make the cedar more of a floating box on the inside instead of glueing the cedar, (this prevents cracking, warping etc. due to different expansions in the wood types) how has yours held up glued like that?
Looks great, good luck with it!
I've had no problems at all with cracking, buckling, etc of the wood. Initially I had some concerns about using glue, however I think because of the way we did it, ie it is effectively put down like flooring so there is some "expansion" room in there I think it will hold up fine. Also, I made sure to watch how much water to use initially when I was seasoning it, and gave it time to do so properly. While the moistnaire was useless for a daily humidification device for my application, I think it helped considerably with the seasoning process.

In regards to the glass and the humidification issues it presents.... the top and bottom, as well as the outside edge of each glass plate has the little hard plastic strips (think "furniture slider" type plastic if you know what I mean)as well as felt to help seal up the edges there. In the middle, where the two plates meet in each section presents the most obvious issue where it comes to a seal. All I did is place a decent size thickness of weather stripping behind the little silver decorative strip on the glass which helps to seal it up rather nicely.

That being said, obviously now with it being winter and the heater running off and on the Le Veil DCH55 Gel that I'm now running in there is cycling more than it previously was, and it never lasted the 3 months they advertised that it "might" between fills. But I'm not having to fill it up that much more often that I did before the heater kicked in, maybe once every three weeks or so vs the 5 weeks it lasted before. I intend on getting the secondary tank for it to sit in the bottom (the Le Veil DCH-55csgel) and I think the entire thing will work considerably better. Top to bottom, side to side the RH sits within about 1% difference over the entire cabinet, and I keep it set at 68%. My biggest issue is not getting into it constantly :chat: ... or when the wife can't make up her mind what to smoke and stands there with the door open for 3-4 minutes at a time... *sigh*:sadstare:

The Cigar Room is next now that I got the kids out of the house... just trying to avoid spending an arm and a leg but don't think I'll be successful in that endeavor. LOL

Last edited:

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first photo is my Hospital for a load of nc's that came with the cabinet that I have now refurbed.

The cabinet now has beads, fans and some LED lighting for the display shelf.

After seeing some of the projects on here I'm now looking for a display cupboard to convert. Just need to convince SWMBO that its the right thing to do !
Ooh, I like what you did there with the flag. I may borrow that idea for the bottom of mine to spice it up somewhat and to hide the clutter of the boxes seasoning in the bottom... although it will take away some of the wow factor of the collection by covering them up :wink:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
thats exactly why i added the flag (following the instructions of SWMBO), the nice looking boxes are on the top 2 shelves.

Last edited: