What's new

Hydra Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The Hydra is designed to automatically regulate the humidity inside humidors up to 8 cubic feet.

This revolutionary electronic humidifier measures relative humidity twice a minute to provide the most accurate RH reading available.

The Hydra even features the Hyrgo Set technology to allow for easy display calibration.

Furthermore, the Hydra has two ports to allow up to three additional fans (with optional splitter) to provide better circulation to help eliminate any "RH pockets" typically found in cabinet humidors.

No need to check your water level either, the Hydra has a visual and audible indicator to let you know when you need to add distilled water.

Features:
- HygroSet™ adjustable technology for easy calibrating
- Two external fan ports
- Audible and Visual low water indicator
- Large LED for easy viewing
- Reports humidity reading every 30 seconds
- Instructions included
- Dimensions = 6"L x 2"W x 3 3/8"H
- 110v
- 1 year warranty

Optional Accessories:
HYDRA-SMCART - Water Cartridges
HYDRA-SMKIT - Fan Kit (fan, splitter, cable)
HYDRA-SMFAN - Individual External Fans

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is a bit pricey for what it is. I was also told by someone at bargainhumidors that a 'larger' version was in the works.

After adding all the fans to the Hydra you are in the 110+ range.. Also the fan cables are really short (under a foot). Atleast for my needs.

You can get a moist-n-aire for just a bit more

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
So what is this on par with? What capacity can it handle? I'm just looking to replace my CO in my 100qt. cooler.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, it offers a lot more than the cigar oasis and is not much more.
Yes, compared to the COXL it's a 'deal'... compared to a Moist-n-aire or even 'step up' to a set and forget for a bit more, and have a real system you could move into a large cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.