What's new

I did it

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just ordered the Capresso Infinity grinder, and a Bodum 32oz press. Also got a Britta filter pitcher--can't make good coffee without good water, right?

Everything will be here Wednesday, so Blackdog, I'll be placing an order with you next week. :applause:

Thanks for the help, everyone, in choosing a grinder. I am really getting tired of drip Folgers.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You'll like that grinder...I love mine.

Ditto Randy's take on The Black Dog, unless you're willing to sign up for another addiction in your life.
I got rid of about 5 of them, now I need to replace them. :smokingbo

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Join the coffee club. Its an awesome way to try new coffees and get your fix on a regular basis. No fuss not muss...just good coffee.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm not into it as deep as you guys with the grinders and uber-drip machines. Mainly because they're so damn expensive. But I do love my Blackdog coffee in the morning that is preground from Brian :thumbsup:

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Hey Brian...tell Nancy that those Black Dog Coffee mugs are freakin' awesome! Mine gets lots of comments at work...hopefully some of it will translate into some business for you. :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great! I have the same grinder.

Cliff, it really isn't that expensive when compared to cigars.

My grinder was 150, the french press 30 at most. I use water from our water cooler(filtered would work too) and then the beans. Brian has the best prices around. The coffee costs me 29 bucks a month.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The grinder and Bodum press came today! Unfortunately, the Black Dog coffee (and mug) did not, so to try it out, I went and bought some local stuff at a gourmet shop. They roast their own, but I forgot to ask the roast date.

Anyway, I whipped up some medium roast Guatemalan, which was pretty tasty but bitter.

Does the age of the beans have anything to do with bitterness?

The grinder is awesome. I didn't like the timer thing, but I discovered I can pulse it just by turning the knob slightly.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bummer that the coffee didn't arrive in time!
Here's the latest on it's progress, looks like it's close:
Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7498 6434 5856

Your item was processed and left our FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 facility on November 14, 2006. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bummer that the coffee didn't arrive in time!

Ah well, leave it to the USPS to throw a wrench into my plans. :grin:

It normally takes three days for Priority Mail to get here from the Southeast, so I wasn't really expecting, only hoping.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got the coffee and mug today, Brian. I'm about to throw out my thermos of the local crap and brew up some of the Dog.

Very awesome cup, definitely compliment the maker for me.

*** Questions deleted -- read another post where you answered them ***

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The Black Dog is a very bad man..............stay away from the Black Dog!
It's like Brian is selling drugs. :grin: I might have to get my parents hooked for a Christmas gift. They are Folgers addicts. If I can just get them to come over to the coffee dark side I would be so happy. I love roasting my own beans but I'll tell you I miss the Black Dog. I haven't had a batch yet that has come close. And I also need a new grinder.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm drinking a cup of the Harrar Horse. Sure enough, blueberries! Delicious, outstanding, I love it.

I wonder what cigar would go well with this?

Brian, I just didn't want to bother you with questions you had already answered, but if you would like to expound some more, I'm happy to oblige!

Actually, you could answer my questions specific to the one-way valve bags. Do they do a better job of keeping beans fresh than standard air-tight containers?

Most people, including you, say that beans are best within a couple weeks after roasting. I noticed that the roast dates on these bags are about a week ago, and so I wondered if there would be any significant degradation if I didn't use them all up for another two weeks or so?

Thanks.