What's new

I finally broke 80

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Musta been the white shorts...

Matter of fact, there's a whole lotta white in this pic!

Our annual guys golf trip is coming up here in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I prolly won't shoot any sub 80 scores, but I'll drink & smoke plenty.

Congrats on posting a nice round!
I blame the smoking and drinking for not shooting a sub 80... But that is why I golf.

Congrats on the Round OP.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Holy shit... I saw your name starting a thread and thought it was about Obama, but then realized I can't see political threads anymore! :tonguerol LOL

Seriously though, congrats man. Not the easiest of courses to do well on. Good luck on reaching that par round!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
You lost, drunk or just stupid? All 3?
Not only that, but I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.....A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald...striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver, he hauls off and whacks one- big hitter, the Lama- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? "Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga."

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Congrats! Always an awesome feeling to hit a milestone in your game.

I finally shot under 80 last year. Having wrist surgery in a week, so that's putting me out for the brunt of the summer, but I hope to rehab and be playing golf again by the fall. Good thing I can play pretty much year round here.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Congrats man. I have been a professional golfer for 20 years, had numerous memorable experiences on the course. The one round I vividly remember over all others is the first time I broke 80. That was such a mental battle, so job well done. Putin the time and practice perfectly when you do and you can get to scratch. Good luck.