What's new

I Got A Wineadore!

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
So I would like to take some of my tax return this year & buy a vinotemp for my cigars. I'm pretty sure that I'd like a 28 bottle thermoelectric. Is there anywhere that I can get a good deal on one? I was told Target but they don't list them anymore. So if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on one please let me know. Also how do I regulate the temperature in it once I get it? I've never seen one before so I'm not sure how they work exactly.

Last edited:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
First of all good luck in your search. I think if I recall correctly, some guys have theirs on a thermostat of sorts that measures temp inside, then if the temp goes above what the thermostat is set for, the unit kicks on to cool the inside. Otherwise the Vinotemp does not run all the time. Then you just use the humidification of your choice. Again, this is just based on memory, I don't have one nor have ever seen one used for cigars in person.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine from NetShops.com they run sales all the time. I did a google search for coupon codes for netshops and I found another coupon for 15% off on top of the sale price so it was about $240 shipped, that was the cheapest I found

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Right now I'm looking at a Avanti from Beverage Factory. Avanti EWC280B 28-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler / Adjustable Thermostat / Slide-Out Chrome Shelves / Soft Interior Light with On/Off Switch / Auto Defrost / Reversible Thermopane Glass Door with Stainless Steel Trim

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
So I would like to take some of my tax return this year & buy a vinotemp for my cigars. I'm pretty sure that I'd like a 28 bottle thermoelectric. Is there anywhere that I can get a good deal on one? I was told Target but they don't list them anymore. So if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on one please let me know. Also how do I regulate the temperature in it once I get it? I've never seen one before so I'm not sure how they work exactly.
Actually go into a Target vs online. Some of the stores have them on clearance right now. My location sold out, but they were under $100. Try to buy display if possibly and get an extra 40% off...brand new with everything but box. That is how I got my Haier!

Nick

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Actually go into a Target vs online. Some of the stores have them on clearance right now. My location sold out, but they were under $100. Try to buy display if possibly and get an extra 40% off...brand new with everything but box. That is how I got my Haier!

Nick
Cool I'll check it out.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
joe, ive actually been looking for the same thing... i figure i'll jump right from a small 50 count to a vinotemp, haha. it gets really hot up here in the summertime, so i think the wine cooler will help calm my nerves about my smokes.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
joe, ive actually been looking for the same thing... i figure i'll jump right from a small 50 count to a vinotemp, haha. it gets really hot up here in the summertime, so i think the wine cooler will help calm my nerves about my smokes.
I hear that. I have an old house with in the window a.c. I don't run it when I'm not home so it can get hot in the summer. A fridge will help calm my nerves & it's way more storage. Right now I'm looking at a 28 bottle Avanti for around $200 with shipping. I'm also "looking" into a few other options as well.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I might sell off my entire set up to you: A 28 bottle Avanti, brewers edge external controller, and the cigar oasis plus. (Oh yeah I have custom Spanish cedar shelves too).

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Waiting on Hardcore to reply first as is his thread. This was NOT meant to be a threadjack but since others posted first:

The Avanti is an EWC28 28 bottle was a scratch and dent sale. Back right side with a few small dents, no effect on the unit itself. I paid $150 for it 3 years ago, runs great. The Brewers Edge E54 controller II I got included heat and cost $120, but the one's new without heat cost about 100 plus shipping. The Cigar Oasis Plus no longer being made. Mine is the manual one and is very easy to turn up or down the RH. I think new ones go for about 100 bucks. This is a plug in model with the ribbon stip. I paid about 40 bucks for the custom set of Spanish Cedar shelves. Total I invested was about $390 for everything, probably let it go for $225. I have the spec sheets for the Avanti and the Brewers Edge.

I live in north central MD and can meet someone in the middle for a smoke and hand deliver this thing.

I forgot, I cut a round hole in the back and ran the wires through it and sealed back up with foam insulation. It has the heat pad on the bottom and was never needed or used. Also the top shelf has one of those small cpu fans I hard wired into a digital timer but that also is not in use but can be used. I will leave this as is and include the digital timer and cpu fan as well.

If I were more puter literate I would take pictures and post them. Sorry do not ask for them.