What's new

I hate this cutter!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cutters are like anything on the market...whatever does well for you is your favorite cutter..just like lighters. I have a dozen cutters of all types...Boston V Cutter...Palio, Xikars, Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter ( it really does make perfect cuts ) scissor cut. The thing about Palio and Xikar is that they are warranted for life and that is a pretty good deal but it still have to be able to cut your cigar. I've got to think that the one you have is a defect and you should take that back to a place where you can trade it in...try your new one out before leaving to ensure you have a good one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nobody in this thread has really mentioned them. However, I did look up the Cuban Crafters cutters and I fell in absolute love. I can just tell it's going to be my go to cutter. So I just ordered the Euro CC style cutter, and a Cuban Crafters punch along with it. No more messed up cigars for me. Box press cigars and 60 ring gauge cigars are getting the punch. :assaultri

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, the one I reviewed there worked well for me. :glassesgr

It was very sharp, but definitely not my best cutter and I don't use it that often, but I've got probably 10 cutters. I tend to fidget with my cutters and I'd sit and flick it open over and over and the screws worked loose on it. If it's ruined a couple cigars I'd definitely get another cutter.
Oh, and also, you're all over the place! I've seen you and your review on many other sites. :nodlaugh:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've used the punch flawlessly, then again it's kind of hard to mess that one up, I keep hearing good things about the palio's so I guess thats your best bet! I have a few cutters and the palio is next on my hit list!

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Xikar for about five years and never a problem. I have noticed that the cut recently has a slight ridge in the middle of the cut. I either need to check the screws or perhaps send it in for sharpening and servicing. If your cutter isn't cuttin either the blades aren't sharp or the screws aren't tightened or it might not be aligned which could be screws or a defect. There's not much that can go wrong with a cutter but when it does it can pinch and tear a cigar.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Not that it helps your situation but my Colibri Firebird works great for me. I almost like it more than the Xikar because it fits better in my hand.

Still, the "half filled" double guillotine cutter I won in the Drew Estate contest Tim held a little while ago is still my favorite.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not that it helps your situation but my Colibri Firebird works great for me. I almost like it more than the Xikar because it fits better in my hand.

Still, the "half filled" double guillotine cutter I won in the Drew Estate contest Tim held a little while ago is still my favorite.
Is that the one with the drew estate logo on the back side?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of an update, my Cuban Crafters stuff came in today with a free Cameroon torpedo. I now know for sure that the Colibri is to blame for everything. The Perfect cutter is 10x sharper than the Colibri to the point where I don't even want to touch the blade. Where as the Colibri I can run my finger up and down the blade like it's nothing.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Right on, man! My Cuban Crafters was my first cutter and it still works well. I love the fact that they have a lifetime warranty on their cutter as well.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm normally a Colibri hater. However, I have a Colibri from Cigars International that works great. I think it's called the Slyce. It's yellow with the CI logo, and it will cut up to 64 RG. Does it cut as smoothly as my Palio? Nope. Doesn't cut as smoothly as my Xikar, either. But it cuts smoothly enough, and it will handle the big guns that are too big for the Palio and Xikar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think age plays a part in all this as well. I have tried the super duper high tech monster expensive cutters and can barely cut a cigar with them because I have arthritis in my hands... goes with the terratory when you are mid 60's.. I have a friend with a Xilar and it takes him 2 hands to get the blades thru the cigar because of his arthritis

On the other hand a cheap $3.00 Plastic scissor cutter works wonders for me. I get a clean cut because it is a different motion and my arthritis doesn't interfere with it

Different strokes and all that..

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think age plays a part in all this as well. I have tried the super duper high tech monster expensive cutters and can barely cut a cigar with them because I have arthritis in my hands... goes with the terratory when you are mid 60's.. I have a friend with a Xilar and it takes him 2 hands to get the blades thru the cigar because of his arthritis

On the other hand a cheap $3.00 Plastic scissor cutter works wonders for me. I get a clean cut because it is a different motion and my arthritis doesn't interfere with it

Different strokes and all that..
Never thought of that. Good point. When you say scissor cutters are easier for you, is that because you get more leverage with the handles?

If you ever get a chance, try the new Xikar X8 cutter. Its not a scissor type cutter but it cuts very easily with a nice price point to boot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought of that. Good point. When you say scissor cutters are easier for you, is that because you get more leverage with the handles?

If you ever get a chance, try the new Xikar X8 cutter. Its not a scissor type cutter but it cuts very easily with a nice price point to boot.
I really don't know why it is easier to cut with the scissor cutter, unless it is because you are using a thumb and 1 finger rather than the whole hand, and making a fist is difficult and without power.
As long as a cheap cutter does the trick, why change? I would rather spend the difference on a good smoke!:wink:

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am a XIKAR guy. I got a couple of Colibri cutters and while they feel good in the hand they can't cut a cigar worth a crap. Both of them suck at cutting. My XIKAR is perfect and with the lifetime warranty there is nothing to complain about. Did you guys know they have less then 2% of their products returned? When they get a return the problem is documented so they can try to identify, solve, and make changes to their products. Most lighters are returned because people use bad fuel. I learned a lot about them visiting their offices and I wrote an article about them. Great people and a great company.

I haven't tried the Palio yet so no opinions there. I have heard lots of good things about them though. I would like to try one to see how well they work.