What's new

I Like CAO

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I realize there aren't too many CAO nuts around here. I really enjoy them. I noticed that the entire bottom half of my humidor was filled with CAO's. So I decided to take a pic. Other than the CAO 615 and Rock n Roll I have 5-10 of each of those various cigars. I just finished off my last CAO black yesterday, wish I saved it for the pic. I need to find me a good deal on CAO VR's which is the Maduro version of CAO Black. Also need to find me some more La Traviata Maduro's!

I like em though, great flavor and very affordable!

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
I liked the old Cameroons but not anymore. Now the only one I care to even smoke are the La Traviatas. It will be interesting to see where this brand goes now that they lost everybody behind the brand.

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Haven't tried a Vision yet, but I'm a fan of the Italia's and one I can't remember but was in a gold square (I think) tube. Those were really good.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Haven't tried a Vision yet, but I'm a fan of the Italia's and one I can't remember but was in a gold square (I think) tube. Those were really good.
The one you can't remember was the 65th Anniversary cigar. Think it had a picture of a guys face on the band. Never tried one of those, always wanted to though. Think they were made 5-7 years ago?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Me likey some CAO :grin:. I like the America Potomac and Brazilia Piranha the most, but the Gold Maduro is excellent too. Just smoked a La Traviata last week and it was good stuff as well. With the way the online retailers have been blowing out CAO product the last week or so I would think you may be able to find a great deal on those VRs you're lookin' for :dunno:.

Dan

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
CAO makes some good sticks.

--The Vision was a truly excellent cigar, got a bad rap (rightfully) for being so expensive due to gimicky marketing and for some packaging problems. For those who never had one, it's a lot like the La Aurora 100 Anos (made in the same factory too), and like a spicier/more full-bodied version of the La Traviata.

--La Traviata: Not much needs to be said, these are one of the best values in the cigar world right now

--LX2: The Lancero and BAM vitolas are really great. They were hyped as being super strong, which was a terrible idea because they aren't. Those who don't like strong cigars avoid them and those who do are underwhelmed by their strength ... again, terrible marketing!

--Brazilia: Still a classic maduro cigar

--Gold: A classic mild stick, turns into pure buttery goodness with age.

--MX2: Very under-rated! Spicy and sweet, a really nice maduro.

--The Millennium and Oddesey: Truly remarkable cigars. If you can find any of the coffin-enshrined gems, do so!

I like the Sopranos, but thought they were just too pricey. The Italia and Anniversary are both good sticks too, though I'd prefer a MX2 to both these days.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
The one you can't remember was the 65th Anniversary cigar. Think it had a picture of a guys face on the band. Never tried one of those, always wanted to though. Think they were made 5-7 years ago?
I you can find those grab them, they are friggin great cigars.
and the face on the band is that of Cano A. Ozgener, CAO's namesake.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I used to be a huge fan. I still kinda am. The main reason I'm not as big on them, is that I have so many more options, now. Since being around this community, I've been able to try more and new things.

Some of my favorite CAO smokes: Gold, Gold Maduro, Maduro (was it the anniversary Maduro, with the red band?), smaller Brazilia's...

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
njstone said:
--The Millennium and Oddesey: Truly remarkable cigars. If you can find any of the coffin-enshrined gems, do so!
I'm sitting on a box of the Millenniums. These are great sticks.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not a huge fan of CAO but I do smoke the MX2 and America from time to time; hope not too much changes with these.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I smoke a CAO America Potomac evey 4th of July. Other than that they just don't cross my mind much. Lots of good quality sticks out there.

I used to love me some LX2's - now those were a nice stick even if they were never as "strong" as they claimed to be.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would say that CAO is a decent brand for my palete, I have half a box of MX2's left and really like the Brazilias. The one great thing about them is the tobacco doesnt change, the smokes taste the same every time, year after year.