What's new

I like Tatuaje stuff, but damn....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my mom used to say, "You normally get the quality that you pay for and normally pay for the quality that you need."

Some folks have more expensive needs than those of others. That is what keeps the lowballers and the highrollers existing in the same world, at the same time.

Good looking desk set.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
hey pete, did cyril do the earlier LE humidors for you?

they look fantastic, and i will be jealous of anyone who ends up with these-they are unfortunately out of my price range, one day...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
These comments are well taken. Very personal and constructive but not discounting the worth of the product.
Kind of like, I love the looks of Brooks photography and wish I could use him full time. I just wish it was in my price level. LOL Gotcha Brooks.....
Pete, Pete, Pete....you know I would do anything you needed and you can pay me in cigars :) Trades are fine with me!

LOL! :)

As for the Swag, as I said, the stuff looks great, and honestly, I think the high price tag just reinforces the fact that you are a boutique cigar brand, with higher quality (and in some cases, prices) and that is NOT a bad thing...

JMO, of course :)

~brooks

Last edited:

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
I think all the pieces look beautiful and well crafted. I'd buy them in an instance if they were in my price range. If this set were split up, I would be thinking long and hard about that table lighter. In regards to all this price talk, IMO, when I see the large price it doesn't make me think anything less about the product, only that the cost of materials and labor were high. I've seen plenty of other products from high end cigar brands that would make this look like a deal. Thanks Pete for the beautiful cigars and merchandise... I think I speak for everyone when I say KEEP EM COMIN!!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I am sure they are not for everyone and most here are probably not interested but please don't take anything away from the artist who spent countless hours making these one of a kind beautiful pieces....

Pete
I guess it's not the workmanship that people see when they look at it, it's more of the branding that throws people off. If it were sold by itself as Atoll ( I know it's not but work with it) no one would see the pricing as anything but inline. Since it's branded (doesn't matter what brand it could have been Lfd) the identity gets lost and becomes a branded humidor, lighter, et al.

Fuente has been making the promethious sets for a long time and no one complains when they pay $50-60 a cigar because of the humidor tax...but I'm sure they did when they started the releases.

Maybe it would be different if you stuck to what you do best and make a Tatuaje B humidor (Think Montecristo "B",RdM "B", SLR "B"...you get what I'm talking about). That would be something cool and more true to what you do.

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Personally I am saving up for the Tatuaje S.T. Dupont! :)
I hope Ligne 1 not 2, I can't stand the ....ping...
If I had the scratch I would buy the entire set, I think its badass... But first two boxes of T110s from Marvin... Priorities..

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
..Man just thinking about a S.T. Dupont Tatuaje makes me have to post again..

Palladium and black lacquer with a palladium fleur in the center... Thats it... Simple.... Timeless...

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
As for the Swag, as I said, the stuff looks great, and honestly, I think the high price tag just reinforces the fact that you are a boutique cigar brand, with higher quality (and in some cases, prices) and that is NOT a bad thing...

JMO, of course :)

~brooks
Well said Brooks, I think the stuff is cool. Prices are higher then other things of that kind, but clearly the quality on these should be far superior.
We want the variety in the market, right guys?

I do appreciate that Pete offers great quality Cigars and Swag/merchandise, but also offers stuff at more average prices(Ambos, Serie P, most of his clothing...)

As with any business venture; He'll find out if there is a market for the collection in question at that price or not.

Honestly, I'd buy some of that he collection in question if I didn't have those items already that I was happy with. I'd pay the price...but thats just me. I certainly prefer free/discount/inexpensive stuff....but often I will pay for high quality too.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've always let my taste decide what I like without anything else like swag or coupons and such. I never did like the idea about trying to make a brand more popular than it is by limiting it so as to make the "appeal" seem greater than it is and for some people the excitement makes up for lack of real taste. I am old school in that any cigar that is good will be offered in boxes, 5 pak, and singles so as not to restrict anyone from being able to buy the product. Making it more expensive or limiting the product is a gimmick that has been around longer than the snake oil.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Well said Brooks, I think the stuff is cool. Prices are higher then other things of that kind, but clearly the quality on these should be far superior.
We want the variety in the market, right guys?

I do appreciate that Pete offers great quality Cigars and Swag/merchandise, but also offers stuff at more average prices(Ambos, Serie P, most of his clothing...)

As with any business venture; He'll find out if there is a market for the collection in question at that price or not.

Honestly, I'd buy some of that he collection in question if I didn't have those items already that I was happy with. I'd pay the price...but thats just me. I certainly prefer free/discount/inexpensive stuff....but often I will pay for high quality too.
That's the million dollar post of this thread. Very well put and could not agree more.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I agree^

I personally could not afford such a collection. However, I think it's awesome that such collections are available to those who can. Nobody says Ferrari's are of poor quality because they cost a lot, do they? What about Rolex? Or Oakley? I have a hard time paying the price for Tats on a regular basis, but that in no way implies that they are overpriced, it simply means that they are out of my price range and I have to buy them less frequently. I guess it all boils down to different strokes for different folks (no pun intended lol). Just because something is out of my price range, it does not mean it is over-priced. Pete, you're doing something right because you sell a crap-load of cigars and there's alot of people trying to get their hands on your limited releases. Furthermore, I've never seen a mfr. as in touch with their customers as Pete is (not that there aren't any, I just don't see it).

Bottom line is, regardless of opposition, you must be doin somethin right, Pete, because it seems to me like you're rather successful!

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I saw these in person when I picked up some stick at NHC. Let me just say, the pictures do not do them justice. In person they are beautiful pieces and are very high quality.....the pictures do not do them justice...

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
How many sticks does the desk box hold? I really like the look of it, the 3-finger case too. Well, I think they all look great, but I don't need a new key ring or lighter.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
How many sticks does the desk box hold? I really like the look of it, the 3-finger case too. Well, I think they all look great, but I don't need a new key ring or lighter.
I believe the desk box is made to hold the 3 finger case....