What's new

I lost track of time, advice please

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
You're absolutely right, sir. It's time to save. It's 2015 anyway, I'm sure it'll take a bit of time to find a box of 2013 Cigars. Until then, decisions, decisions.

I also like your point, I only need to consider boxes that should be good for aging. Davidoff still seems high on the list. Might I ask what you got for your children?
PL Robos (Asia Pacifico RE '07)
PL Belicosos Extra (Asia Pacifico RE '08)
Partagas Serie D No 5 (this was a gift box from a great friend)
Monte No. 2s and Partagas Serie P No 2s for the twins (loved the idea of two #2 boxes for the twins)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The PL Robos are already so damn good!!!!! I burned that box so fast a couple of years ago!!!!
I know! I had some extras and they were great. I'm actually worried they're going to age out over the years, but I'm aging them for the experience, not to maximize flavor, I guess. Will be interesting to see how they go year by year.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Poignant storyline for those of us who tend to link cigars and memories. I've been doing this for years and usually it's with places I visit and want to cement that memory. Sensory integration can be a real plus in our lives where we tend to want to relive places, people, things and the aroma of a great cigar tends to do that for us. Like an old song we can almost transport ourselves to that exact place/time....just another reason why I love cigars.